“Marvelous”

La Strada Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic
Reviewed June 14, 2017 via mobile

One of the best Italian restaurants we've visited in a very long time. The menu has so many wonderful choices and they are all expertly prepared. The veal was as tender as veal can be, and the balsamic reduction on the veal sorrento was done with care. Mark is the owner and head chef, and he maintains the highest standard in everything that comes out of his kitchen. Tracey, our server was not only pleasant, but knowledgeable and efficient as well. The garlic bread with oil
was light and toasted and served with marinara sauce...Absolutely delicious.
The tables with lit candles and the decorative walls made for a romantic setting. La Strada is well worth your time.

3  Thank Jonnyboy31622
brananward, Public Relations Manager at La Strada Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2017

We are very appreciative of your detailed and thoughtful review. Thank you very much for visiting. We look forward to having you back again soon!

Reviewed May 29, 2017

Okay, I believe I can now say that La Strada is definitely the best Italian in St. Augustine area. It even feels Italian! I can't remember what my daughter had for dinner, but she it was the best she has ever had. I think I have to agree with my meal. We had three appetizers, all tremendous, two Italian wines, both really good but the Traditional Italian Red was the best.

I hit them with a twist tonight. I gave our server several options, and then told her to surprise me. I have to say that the Fettucine Alfredo w/shrimp she selected for me, was the best I have ever had.

We eat out every night when we are in town for an annual visit, I think La Strada is one of the top 2 of all restaurants we have ever dined at in the area. This is a can't miss restaurant for anyone wanting a GREAT meal. This is now an annual place for us for now on.

2  Thank david52111
brananward, Public Relations Manager at La Strada Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2017

Thank you for such a glowing review! It is always great to hear of our customer's enjoyment of their time spent with us! We appreciate you taking the time to post your review an we look forward to your return next year!

Reviewed May 28, 2017

We first found La Strada 2 years ago on our vacay then. This year, on vacay, I planned a surprise 70th birthday party for my mother! They were most accommodating for 11 of us and went above and beyond to help make this possible. I worked with them to come up with a private menu with 3 of their most popular entree's and took in our own cake. They were wonderful and made the night so special for my mother!! Once again Sindy, our waitress, and her helpers were great! We will be back when in town again!

1  Thank cmanis01

It's great to know that your mother enjoyed her special birthday with us! Thank you for choosing us for such an important occasion! We look forward to having you and your family back again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

If you are looking for a great italian restaurant that is just as good as what you would get in New York this is the place. My wife and I made reservations and even though we arrived early we were greeted with friendly service and seated immediately. Since this was our first visit we ordered the traditional italian fare and was plesantly surprised to find that the food made to order rather than made ahead of time and then reheated. Also the spaghetti was served just right unlike other restaurants that serves a puddle of water with the spaghetti. During the meal the chef came to table to ensure that we were happy with our meal. We will definitely come back again !

3  Thank John M
brananward, Public Relations Manager at La Strada Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2017

Thank you for the radient review! We hope to have you and your wife back to dine with us again soon!

Reviewed May 22, 2017

We always like to find a nice place to have an anniversary dinner. The front desk person at the hotel recommended this place. It had a small intimate atmosphere. The food was great and not overly priced.

Thank you for visiting and for taking the time to post your review! We look forward to having you back again soon!