This is a nice Hampton Inn right on the beach in St. Augustine Beach.
It is about a 5 mile drive from town, across the lion bridge. I had booked
an ocean front room, which on the second floor actually consisted of a view
of the back parking lot, some palm trees and in the distance barely discernable surf.
At almost $170. a night that seemed like a pricey view of someone's Toyota.!
So, ask for third or fourth floor if you really want to see the ocean. However,
it is nice to step outside and have the pool and the beach right there. The room, although
on the small side, had very comfortable beds and we enjoyed the ocean
air, if not our missing view. Breakfast was standard motel/hotel American fare -
reconstituted eggs, make your own sugary waffles, tiny yogurts, some fruit, coffee -
but only artificial creamers (why does anyone use those anyway ??). I think there
was cold cereal too. In other words, it will do on a budget, but don't look for taste. We did have a good dinner across the street at a very busy, but excellent restaurant with the loudest bar I have been in, in a long while. The front desk staff was nice.
There was an exercise room available. If you want more to do, you might want
to stay in St. Augustine and just visit the beach. Would save driving.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach Hotel Saint Augustine Beach
- Hampton Inn Saint Augustine Beach
- Saint Augustine Hampton Inn
- Hampton Inn St. Augustine Beach Saint Augustine Beach, Florida