We stayed 2 nights here - no reduction for Veterans or AAA during Winter. Had Gulf Front room so we paid a little extra, but found that we should have been upstairs if we really wanted Gulf Front views and sounds. Wish we had known that at check in. Front office staff were o.k. but not seemingly happy to see us or real helpful. Small fridge in room, no microwave, no clothes hangers in the room. Room service did good job and left clean towels. A small microwave would have been nice. No help with morning breakfast, and as the island does not have many places to eat, you may have to go to mainland to get breakfast. Even cereal would be nice. Coffee was minimal and would barely get warm in the pot. No place close by to get a good morning cuppa so we had to go to local station to get hot fresh coffee. Thought they might have some in office but that was a no also.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently updated, queen and king beds, non-smoking, outdoor swimming pool, grills, conference room, kitchenettes and regular rooms. Family environment. No pets please. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel St. George Island
- Buccaneer Hotel Saint George Island
- Buccaneer Motel Saint George Island
- Buccaneer St George Island