We like to stay at the Buccaneer when on St. George Island, not so much because it's a great place but really because it's the only place. The staff are somewhat no-nonsense and in our several stays there, we've only encountered one really friendly staff member (the cleaning staff are great and very friendly). You are given a price list and that's what you pay, there are no discounts, period. That's OK, the prices are fairly reasonable in the off season. Although the motel is old, the rooms are always clean, the beds are comfortable, and the AC works well. It's just fine for what you need when you go to the beach, a place to sleep. We've never heard any noise and always sleep well. The location is great, right on the beach, and there is a pool and a small deck area overlooking the beach. You're in walking distance to a good raw bar (Eddy Teach's), but we didn't find any good coffee on the island yet. We'll go back, and we know what to expect, nothing fancy but a beautiful beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recently updated, queen and king beds, non-smoking, outdoor swimming pool, grills, conference room, kitchenettes and regular rooms. Family environment. No pets please. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Buccaneer Hotel St. George Island
- Buccaneer Hotel Saint George Island
- Buccaneer Motel Saint George Island
- Buccaneer St George Island