We found this gem as a last resort. Tried to book the Pink Plaza but were unable to and this gem is just down the road on the opposite side it doesn't look like much from the road, but the room was directly on the water, my kids were able to rent fishing poles and fish two steps from our room on a very large dock. At night there are lights so you can fish at night too. There are manatees! It is extremely picturesque and peaceful. The room is clean with a full refrigerator, full size coffee maker, microwave and dishes. Parking was at the door. No special ammenities like a restuarant, room service, bell hop and you have to check in across the street which was a bit confusing, our room didn't have a bathtub just a small walk in shower. There was a wonderful Italian resturarant at the entrance which had won awards for best food on the beach for several years we enjoyed the homemade garlic cheese rolls/sticks. There is a Walgreens within walking distance and a Publix within a couple of blocks. Surprisingly this hotel takes dogs and it doesn't smell or look like they do. It was so nice my family was inclined to stay, swim in the small pool, fish, or just relax on our own private porch (upstairs had decks), take pictures of the beautiful bay instead of venture out it was nice to relax and refresh here. They also have a sister property across the street directly on the beach and they provide accessibility to the beach and all ammentities provided there. So essentially you have the best of both worlds, if you like serene still bay you have this and if you prefer the beach you can track across the street (we did & watched the sunset) which was spectacular St. Pete is known for thier beautiful beaches.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely renovated this year, Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort is an award-winning European-style boutique waterfront resort situated directly on the Boca Ciega Bay. You can enjoy morning sunrises over the sparkling bay and then end your day with a breathtaking sunset on the beach, which is only 200 feet away. Bayview Plaza is small by design and is great for couples and families wanting to relax in an intimate resort. All rooms are spacious studio apartments with kitchenettes, some of which also have balconies with a full view of the bay. Best of all, we have NO surprise resort fees. Enjoy everything the Bayview Plaza has to offer at no additional cost. We really mean it: FREE Fitness Room, FREE Wireless Internet, FREE Parking, FREE BBQ Area, and FREE Private Fishing Pier, great for fishing or docking your boat. The fish are plentiful and often you'll find yourself staring at one of Florida's amazing creatures like the manatees and dolphins that frequent our resort. The pool also directly overlooks the Boca Ciega Bay and is perfect for cooling off while you soak up the sun. Our resort is Family Owned and Operated, and has been since 2002. The family is very active in the day to day operations, on property daily, and has a friendly staff ready to assist you with your authentic Florida vacation. Members of Superior Small Lodging Association and approved by AAA for Quality and Standards, our resort is one of only a handful of resorts in Florida that has received the Green Lodging seal from the State of Florida as well as Greenleaders Gold Award from TripAdvisor for our effort in conserving and recycling. St Pete Beach is a 6-mile island and the Plaza Beach Resorts are directly in the center of the island. Everything is within walking distance: the grocery store, restaurants, and shopping are just across the street. The front desk staff is more than happy to help you find the many activities also available on the beach such as deep sea fishing, parasailing, jet skiing, dolphin cruises, sunset cruises and ferries available to visit the nearby islands. Best of all we are only 30 minutes from Busch Gardens and 90 minutes from Disney, Universal, and other Orlando theme parks. Try us and see for yourself why so many people return to the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. As a guest of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, you will have full access to the Plaza Beach Hotel - Beachfront Resort which is owned by the same family. You will have FREE full use of all the amenities at the Plaza Beach Hotel including the private beach, large heated pool overlooking the beach, FREE beach chairs, FREE Beach Towels, FREE Parking and many more amenities. We look forward to hosting you at the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Ctrip TA and getaroom.com so you can book your Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida