“Awesome place”

Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort
Ranked #18 of 32 Hotels in St. Pete Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Spend three nights over the holidays and we really liked it. Room had all we needed and a nice view. Feels like old Florida - not one of the chain hotels. The beach is across the street and easy to get to. The wide and busy road takes away some of the charm though.
A little odd that housekeeping empties the garbage cans but does not make the bed.
Regardless if we are in the neighborhood again we will definitely consider this place.

Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank KeldCNielsen
There are newer reviews for Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort

Reviewed 18 December 2012

My husband and I stayed here the nights of Dec. 14 and 15. Besides the inconveniences of having to go to another property to pick up the key, and having to turn sideways to get around the bed in the small room, our big disappointment was that the floors obviously never get mopped--only swept. Our feet got solid black from walking on the floor. Our feet have never picked up that much dirt in a single evening. Also, we were subjected to people in the room above us stomping across their floor morning and late at night. Dianne & John

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2012

Dianne and John, thank you for your review and I apologize that you were not satisfied with your stay. You did have a beautiful Bayfront with Balcony Suite, I wish you would have let us know about your issues while you were here because we could have gladly addressed them.

Yes, check-in is at the Plaza Beach Hotel-Beachfront Resort, it always been done that way and it is indicated on our website and confirmation letters.

Our housekeepers do mop the floors, I don't know why your feet would be black unless you went outside barefoot. I will address this at our next housekeeping meeting, thank you for bringing this to my attention.

I want apologize about the guest above you, we do have signs in all the second floor rooms requesting that guest be considerate of the people below them, however sometimes people just don't read the signs or don't care.

I hope that you do consider us for another stay, your experience was not typical of our property. Thousands of guest stay with us yearly and they love it so much that they become repeat guest. I hope that you try us again and also fall in love with the property.

Robert Czyszczon
General Manger
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Reviewed 1 December 2012

Stayed at this hotel for three nights from 24th of November in room 722 .My wife and
I could,nt believe how clean and beautifully spacious this room was overlooking the waterfont .It was equipt fully with most every electric appliance and kitchen utensils .We fell in love with the decking and jettys where you could sun bathe or fish from . We saw dolphins swimming in the bay while I was fishing and the bay is full of different types of fish. The staff were brilliant and wanted to keep knowing if everything was alright , and could they help us in way to make our stay better .I just think all they have to do is keep on doing what they are good at which providing a great service at a great little hotel .We will be deffinitely returning to this great hotel again

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JOHNNY1951
Plaza-Resorts_Owner, General Manager at Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2012

Thank you so much for your Excellent review of the Bayview Plaza Waterfront Resort on St Pete Beach. I so happy that your discovered our waterfront resort and really enjoyed your stay. All of our suites are really beautiful, the property has just been completely renovated this year. All new tile floors, all new bathrooms, LCD TV's, RFID door locks and much more.

I also appreciate you mentioning that the staff was brilliant, they are very knowledgeable and always willing to assist or make recommendations. We have been seeing a lot of dolphins this year and have been posting pictures and videos on our facebook page and Youtube page, so Like us on facebook and subscribe to our channel on Youtube to get great pictures and videos of dolphins, manatees and fish that we see off of our piers.

Thank you again and I look forward to seeing you here in 2013

Robert Czyszczon
Plaza Beach Resorts - St Pete Beach

Reviewed 23 November 2012

Having a son at USF, a granddaughter whom loves Busch Gardens, and relatives in the area, I find myself in the bay area often. I have not had much luck with good places to stay until now. Bayview Plaza is a great bargain. So nicely decorated, very clean, and friendly staff. The kitchenette is a nice plus.
The location is great, I think I like St. Pete Beach better then the other towns up the beach.
It is a quick easy trip down I-4 for me, I will be back.

Room Tip: I liked my upstairs room with a balcony over the bay, but with the patio and dock I wouldn't be...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank azul52
Reviewed 20 November 2012

October 20-25, 2012: From the street, a brightly painted old motel, but ... The room was meticulously clean (Thanks Norma!) & well-appointed, with kitchenette, HD TV/DVD, king bed (a bit too soft for my taste), countless pillows, a alrge balcony with views of the intercoastal/Boca Ciega Bay and the Gulf (we were on the second floor). Though we didn't use the heated pool, other residents indicated the water was great. Free use of the ammentities on sister properties (the one with the pool was immediately adjacent; the other was 1-1.5 blocks north, directly on the gulf) provided added benefit. Tiki hutts and seating areas on the large decks along the water at the rear of the motel provide atmosphere, comfort, shade, and just plain relaxation (also great for fishing, though the waterway does end at this property before resuming again to the north). Though no restaurant or bar (except daily manager's receptions) is on premises, a multitude of choices are available, even within walking distance. Unquestionably, we'll be back!!!
We always try a different, local, Pizza place anywhere we stay - this time it was "Gina's" (virtually next door to the motel); don't believe their claim of "voted best on the beach for 12 years" - they must have polled restaurant family members. The cracker crust (partially burned), the bland sauce, and the even blander ingredients left us sorely disappointed.
For breakfast, try "Skidders" a few blocks north on the same side of the street, or if adventurous, try the "Seahorse" on Pass-a-Grill.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the water; though the acoustics effectively minimize road noise, a vibation still...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tominfairfield
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We stayed here for the second year in a row - June 2011 and June 2012. Stayed in the same room and hope to go back again next year and in the same room again. Loved everything about the place - location, the fishing docks, the pool, the friendly staff, the room,etc.... Saw dolphins and manatees many times - right from our patio deck. The room was well equipped and stores, restaurants and beach bars were within walking distance. Looking forward to June 2013!!!
Dave and Susan - Paradise, Newfoundland, Canada

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Totally stumbled upon this place and loved it. As soon as we opened the door and entered the room, it was a No Brainer. Very Clean, cool layout, very nice. Perfect. Checked in with Jackie, and she made us feel very comfortable and welcomed. It was just me and my wife for the two days, but would definitly want to return in the Spring or Summer, with the boat, kayaks,..and even the two boys. I know they would love this place. the fishing off of the back dock was perfect. I could go on and on. It was just the perfect little location. We are planning to retun for sure. Thank you both Jackie and Katie

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple