Most of the time I think the reviews are inflated to the good or the bad but this one is the absolute truth and very factual. Number one: Not enough parking. Number two: No where to park while trying to check in. Number three: Not enough front desk help at peak hours. Number Four: The rooms are very small and aged. They made an attempt at remodeling but fell very short. Number Five: The terrace was and this is not an exaggeration only 24'' wide. Only two small plastic chairs that you had to face each other or you could not sit outside. And Number Six: We were on the 6th floor and the hallway smelled like and I'll be polite...poop! All weekend every time you stepped out of your room it made you want to vomit. Thank God the smell was not coming into the room through the vents or we would of had to check out. We complained and no one even apologized, they just kept spraying citrus smelling deodorizer that made it smell like orange poop. The staff was overall not very concerned and some were even rude!
The only good thing about the room was the view. The view was very nice of the beach and the gulf. Their website does stretch things a lot like the courtyard. Not so much. The pools are small and very crowded. You do get to use the facilities at the TradeWinds Grande which was nice. Bottom line: We will not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort, is located on the award-winning white sands of St. Pete Beach. Unwind at The SandBox beach lounge offering VIP Cabanas, open fire tables, and the popular Sand Bar beach bar. Dine on cutting edge seafood at RumFish Grill - showcasing a 33,500 gallon aquarium tank, indoor/outdoor bars, live entertainment and a retail store carrying the area's largest selection of Guy Harvey merchandise. Explore the shore, test your balancing skills on the Surf WipeOut ride, Swim with the Fish in our massive aquarium, master a stand-up paddleboard, take flight with JetLev, go on a fishing or diving adventure ... or unwind around our whirlpool and two swimming pools, one for adults only. Best of all, when you stay at this beachfront resort, you get to enjoy all the activities, recreation, restaurants and more at our neighboring sister resort, TradeWinds Island Grand! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com and Travelocity so you can book your Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Sandpiper Resort
- Guy Harvey Outpost, a TradeWinds Beach Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida