“Best croissant outside France!”
Review of Cafe Soleil

Cafe Soleil
Cuisines: French
Description: Cafe Soleil French Bakery & Deli and owner Lauren Chezaud-Diot bring an international taste to St. Pete Beach. From the moment you walk into this vintage Paris style cafe the fresh aromas of French breads and pastries tantalize your taste buds. Enjoy French traditional breakfast or lunch with a variety of fresh roasted espresso or glass of tea to add to the delight of the day. We have a unique taste that must be experienced, you'll return again and again and find something new with every visit.
Reviewed March 1, 2016

Do. Not. Miss. This. The baker is classically trained in France, and it shows. The quiche melts in your mouth. The croissants are EXACTLY like the ones served in restaurants in Paris, only maybe fresher. I have not seen baguettes like they make here anywhere but in France. Need I go on? OK, then. Buy an almond croissant. You will think you died and went to French heaven. Also, the coffee is superb, European style. Just eat there. You will not be sorry.

Reviewed March 1, 2016 via mobile

Okay. I admit, I've been here multiple times before and have absolutely fallen in love with this little French bakery.

After reading another reviewers comments, I just had to try out what she was raving mad about. The Elusive Almond Croissant.

It was an early Tuesday morning here at St Pete Beach, upon entering this little establishment my daughter and I were greated by the sweet fragrance of freshly baked pastries, and the warm smiles of the friendly owner and staff here.
When all if a sudden I realized that an amazing opportunity had presented itself! There lying alone on its platter... was the ever elusive, yet extremely satisfying almond croissant!
Needless to say, after reading the reviews of an obviously mad woman, I had set my mind to tasting this scrumptious little pastry of mystery. Before me though, stood one woman who could spoil my desires. Would she spy this delight and ruin my life?
But to my joy she ordered two lemon fan, which are delicious in their own right.
Score! I am now sitting here enjoying this amazing little delight with my daughter.
I don't know if this would ever bring me to the point of losing my mind. But it sure is good!
Thank you tammidriver for your raving antics! This pastry was superb.

PS... I apologize if you come in after me today. It was the last one. Hopefully you can take a bit of solice in knowing, that for a brief moment, I thought of you before I took the last bite, with a mischievous smile played across my face.

2  Thank ManLovesCoffee
Reviewed February 24, 2016

The coffee here is dee-lish! As are the pastries...the shop is quaint and the people working there are lovely. I only wish they were open in the evening.

Reviewed February 23, 2016

The croissants were super fresh and very tasty. The coffee was good & strong. The decor ain't great, but its Florida by the ocean. It's located by the dock, so you can sit by the boats and enjoy the atmosphere. Its in a corner of a strip mall, so the car noise was not too bad when sitting outside.There was a bit of a wait, you order at the counter, but its such a yummy place - its popular.

Reviewed February 14, 2016 via mobile

I called this morning to see if they were going to have almond croissants and was told that they would not have any for today or the rest of the week. I don't understand this. They are a bakery!!!! And customers rave about them. They are delicious!!! This is the THIRD time I've called to be told they don't have any. And I've gone into the bakery before and they haven't had any (which is why I call now). So they lost my business this morning and the two friends I was going to bring.