2,228 results
All reviews cabana bar food truck hot tub tennis courts pete beach beach front covered parking pool view shuffle board corn hole first floor living area full kitchen small kitchenette family vacation rooms were very clean spring break
Reviewed November 17, 2012

The staff went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable, and the setting was absolutely stunning. Mark in the gift shop and everyone at the front desk were among the nicest people we ever met. The ivory beach is a pleasant walk through tropical courtyards with swimming pools and impressive stone work supporting small lagoons and waterfalls. The Gulf sunsets were outrageous. The tiki bar was perfect with dual fire pits on the beach. Many thanks and hopefully a return in due time.

Room tip: Pick beach or poolside. Either one rocks.
1  Thank Gonzo2182
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

We are so pleased that you had such a nice time on our beautiful beach!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

We stayed at the Alden beach resort the last week of October after spending 5 days at Disney. The resort was very clean and the people were more than helpful. The suite that we stayed in was large enough for the four of us to be in without being on top of each other. The kitchenette was adequate and well supplied. the bathroom was large and clean. The balcony was large enough that 4 could sit on it in the evening. They were working on a new hot tub while we were there but they were not noisy or messy. The two pools were well kept. There was 3 barbeques that were CLEAN and free to use. The parking is free but the internet is 10 dollars a day, but the service charges an extra 3 dollars to upgrade the speed to a normal speed. I have read about the internet contract and understand that this will be a thing of the past.

The only real issue that i had was that the matresses were passed their prime.

I would definitely book again with this hotel in the future.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank Craigerp15
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Thanks for the nice review, and YES, we will offer free internet, staring in April-May 2013 (waiting for the third party contract to expire)

Reviewed November 14, 2012

We stayed at the Alden Beach Resort 11/8/12-11/13/12, and have stayed there several times before. The price is great, for a hotel with a beachfront room (the Lanai), kitchenette, and small living room. Our balcony looked right on to the Gulf of Mexico, which was beautiful. And the pool water still is very warm (as I remembered before), which was so nice. The room was clean, and housekeeping did a great job cleaning up after us every day. But, I don't think the rooms have been renovated since the last time I stayed there, which was 8-10 years ago. The room had a dingy kind of smell, also. The bed was comfortable, but the bed cover looked very old, and I worried about bugs. The kitchen appliances were very outdated, but they worked well. And, the overall decor-from the carpeting to the curtains could use some updating. As there were 3 of us, I had the luxury of sleeping on the pull-out bed. I know these beds generally are not very comfortable, but the springs on this one were bulging and pitting throughout the entire mattress. Needless to say, I didn't sleep well most of the nights. There are no restaurants on site, but they do have a nice beach bar with great drinks and entertainment. You can go to resorts next door or across the street for meals (Skidders is great). You do have the convenience, though of having the kitchen, as well as gas barbeques outside. The resort also didn't provide a business center, which even on vacation, is convenient to have. So, I honestly have to rate this resort a 3/5. I gave it a 3 based on price and that it was a gulf front room, with excellent views. I would stay here again, but that would be a while, and I hope it has some renovations then. When they update the rooms and beds, and add a business center, this hotel will be given a 5/5.

Room tip: I don't know if any of the rooms have been updated, so you may want to ask.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family

Thanks for taking the time to compose a review. We appreciate the positive comments. The "Lanai Suite" that you stayed in, was TOTALLY RENOVATED IN THE FALL OF 2011. Renovations included: New carpet, new drapes, 2 new thin screen TV's, new bedding, new linens, all new furniture and lighting, new artwork, all repainted interior, new sofa sleeper, and more! I don't understand why the reviewer seems to think the last renovation was "8-10 years ago" when it was leas than 12 months ago. The photos on our website were shot just 11 months ago, so please see www.aldenbeachresort.com

Reviewed November 12, 2012

1980's style, but clean and freshly painted. Older but well enough cared for, decent beds. Balconies for most suites face the back of a tall hotel next door. If you make reservations after 7 PM, what they tell you does not match and can cost you. We were told that if we called back during the day, we would get the wedding block pricing - which they confirmed was available. When we called, the wedding block pricing (about 30% less) was not available. Also, we said we had a pet. We were told at the time of making reservations that it was a pet-friendly property and that we would be assigned a room that allowed pets. There was no mention of the additional pet fee costs. In short, the reservaton cost was twice what was discussed. The front desk discussion provided no options and was not too converned about the cost being so much more. Could have enjoyed other options with better facilities for the cost.

Room tip: Some rooms are much larger; balcony views are often nothing enjoyable; can be noisy anywhere near the pool or Tiki Bar. Get confirmation on prices quoted from front desk and in writing to avoid surprises.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank SmartHome
Reviewed November 10, 2012

Just returned from our annual stay at the Alden, 9 stays so far, and will be back next year. The rooms have been recently renovated, Good news as they were beginning to look a bit dated and reception redecoration finished whilst we were there and looks lovely, ongoing with the construction of new, bigger, better hot tub, which should be finished next month, personally I missed the one they are replacing as I prefer it to the remaining tub but maybe that's just me. We stay in the bigger suites with balcony overlooking the pool, large, clean with all we need. Now on to the best bits that make us keep coming back.....the staff are fantastic, Alex on reception, what a lovely man, from cashing my daily travellers cheque to making sure grandson collected the daily newspaper always happy and helpful, Chuck remembering us every year catching up with family news, and Kitty not only remembering us but also what we drank, not sure what this says about us though, they can not be beaten, we have stayed in lots of places and front facing staff make all the difference and these are among the best, looking forward to seeing you all in 49 weeks and 5 days

Room tip: Pool view suites are the largest, the gulf view have varying styles and sizes but smaller and more expensive.
Date of stay: October 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
rgaryr, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thanks very much for the nice review. The new "back to the walls" renovation of the lobby has come out beautiful, with new features, such as a "refreshment station" with fresh fruits, coffee, flavor infused water, and more. A new Computer / Printer / Workstation, new artwork, new everything! The new state of the art 12-person in-ground hot tub will be completed by mid December and will be outstanding...sorry that you missed on on the new hot tub...Most importantly, I sincerely appreciate the very kind comment about our staff (the best on the beach), and I will make sure to pass your comments onto them. They are so loyal and dedicated, and it shows!

Thanks again, and see you in 49 weeks!