2,223 results
All reviews cabana bar food truck hot tub tennis courts pete beach beach front covered parking pool view shuffle board corn hole first floor living room full kitchen small kitchenette family vacation rooms were very clean spring break
Reviewed August 14, 2018

I have been staying at the Alden since 1975. Four generations of my family have vacationed at this resort, nestled on beautiful St. Pete Beach. Despite the older buildings, the management at the Alden work to make continuous improvements and updates to the resort. I am certain the buildings take a beating between the salt air, the heat and humidity and wear and tear from the guests. I cannot fathom the amount of upkeep and maintenance a beach resort may require. With that said, I feel like the staff at the Alden work to provide a clean, comfortable and safe resort for all its guests despite the required attention to detail and upkeep the resort demands. It is super family friendly and great for relaxing. I have seen weddings, family reunions, girls trips, family trips etc.. over the course of my years visiting the Alden. I have referred friends and family and nobody has been disappointed with their vacation stay. It's charm is what sets it apart from many of the other resort options on the beach. The welcoming family vibe is present throughout the resort. The rooms are very clean and the front desk staff are kind, courteous and responsive. I have always felt very safe at the Alden.Now having two young children of my own, it's a pleasure to watch them bounce from pool to pool to hot tub to the ocean with ease. I have much joy reflecting on my own childhood vacationing at the Alden through the eyes of my children who now enjoy the same thing! From relaxing in your room, to taking a walk through the beautiful landscape which runs from the main office area, passed the “Fungalows” and the pools..it is such a beautiful, tropical relaxing walk to the beach. I also love staying on the Gulf Front buildings…I love staring out at the ocean. Unless you are atop Hurricanes at Pass-A-Grille for dinner, I dare think you could have a better sunset view on the beach than from the Alden. The resort’s beach is THE BEST on St. Pete! The Snappers Oasis Food Truck tucked next to the Cabana Bar serves really good "fast" food. The Haddock Nuggets do not disappoint, nor do the fries or chicken tenders. In fact, I was in line to order my food and a server from the Don CeSar came over to order food and he said that he actually refers guests from the Don's pool area down to the Alden to check out the resort and try food from Snappers Oasis! I loved hearing that!Take a step back to yesteryear with the charm and delight of a cozy vacation spot on the beach with modern amenities and comfort. The Alden is a gem!

Room tip: I did leave a room tip each day. If you do not want housekeeping you have that option as well. All of the staff is kind and considerate.
1  Thank Jennifer S
Gary R, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2018

I do not know where to start!

In all my years reading and responding to Trip Advisor reviews, I am positive that this one ranks in the top three!

Everything stated in this review hits very close to home with me and the Renfrow family, who have owned and operated the Alden since 1969, when my Dad bought in as a minority partner.

Yes, we have some older buildings and yes, we are continuously renovating, in an attempt to keep the mature lady fresh, without losing the retro vibe and feel...and it isn't easy!

Thanks so very much for the wonderful compliments about our staff, which means even more to me than saying how nice the suites are and how beautiful the beach is behind the Alden. Without quality, friendly service, you have nothing, no matter how nice and new the hotel is!

I would love to publish this review on our FaceBook page, with your permission. Please contact me at garyrenfrow5@gmail.com

Thanks again so much, and I remain,

At Your Service,

President & part owner

Reviewed August 14, 2018

This hotel is old but has been updated recently with kitchenettes. The beachfront rooms are very nice. The remainder are just average. It is dog friendly but we ended up in a room adjacent to a dog that barked all night and a group of people that partied to midnight. The walls/soundproofing are non existent. Grounds are well landscaped for the space available. Don't expect luxury accommodations. The staff was exceptionally friendly.

Room tip: Get a beachfront room. Worth the extra price.
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks...all the suites have been renovated over the past 1-6 years, so nothing is terrible outdated and yes we are pet friendly, but in only one floor of one building, and I apologize for the barking dog and if we receive a call about that , we respond immediately, so I am not sure why this dog was allowed to "bark all night"?

Reviewed August 14, 2018

Love the location, the suite and staff. Ate at Rumfish at the Guy Harvey hotel next door for dinner and Toasted Monkey for breakfast. Visited the Toasted Monkey and Jimmy B's at night for music and drinks.

Room tip: not a lot of counter space near the sink
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gary R, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2018

Nice, thanks!

Reviewed August 14, 2018

We always stay at the Alden Suites when we come to St.Pete Beach. It is clean, well maintained, and has everything we need. The staff is so nice and if we need anything, they are so helpful! The place is quaint, but still has all the amenities that you need for a great beach vacation!

Thanks!

Reviewed August 11, 2018

Everyone at the Alden Suites was great! Kevin Fox was awesome in planning our reservation.Mike at the front desk was extremely helpful organizing our multiple rooms.Chris at the front desk was great also!Thanks to the great staff!!

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Gary R, Owner at Alden Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2018

You are welcome!