1,142 results
All reviews dollar store ground floor fridge and microwave rooms are large nice pool coffee maker pool area is lounge chairs an older hotel spring break housekeeping staff st pete live music flippers publix beach balcony
Reviewed August 11, 2018

The view is great, but the hotel is very shabby. Needs a complete reno. Not the cleanest, smells musty. Found mold in the room. The vents are caked with grimy dust. Tiny ants all over the table inside. They barely change the sheets. The sliding balcony doors were rusty and hard to open. I booked online and was very disappointed with the hotel. Will never stay here again. Better hotels on the strips that are cheaper and much nicer. I suggest people shop around - don't be fooled by the online pictures. Found bugs on the bed.

Room tip: They charge a lot of money for a beach view but the rooms are terrible. I would not choose any room here.
Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Elena S
TheDBR, Operations Manager at Dolphin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. While I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your stay with us, I have to question a few of the things you have said in this review and others. Your stay with us was for eight (8) nights and according to our records, there was no contact with the front desk about moving rooms or complaining about the condition of the room. We would have been happy to move you to a different room, especially since your stay was over a week, or at least had maintenance into your room to correct the issues you are mentioning after the fact. Also, we change the sheets every 3 days during a stay, unless a guest specifies that they do not want their sheets changed or they keep their do not disturb notice on.

The tiny ants are likely sugar ants, which we could have easily taken care of or again, at the very least, moved you. The balcony door that is "rusty" could have been checked by our maintenance staff. The salt air does a number on our patio doors and we frequently have to apply WD40 and make adjustments to keep them working properly. With all of this said, your room should not have been in the condition you have described. Since we were not made aware until after the fact, however, we were unable to inspect your room at the time of your occupation to make things right. Like I always tell people, we cannot fix problems we don't know about.

I wish that we were given the opportunity to improve upon your stay when you were on property. Nevertheless, we appreciate your feedback and hope you will still visit the St. Pete Beach area in the future, since you though the views were great.

Reviewed August 6, 2018 via mobile

We had a great getaway at the Dolphin! The pool is great, nice cabana area and the beach has volleyball. The resort offers chair rentals and umbrellas too. The hotel can arrange banana boat rides, parasail and paddle board. The water pressure for showers is low, but room was clean. The hallways look beat up, but inside was great. Staff was very nice! There is a Publix across the street as well as a chickfila, mini golf & Ihop. You are in walking distance to Crabby Bill’s.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Melanie L
TheDBR, Operations Manager at Dolphin Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2018

Thank you very much for your review! We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our pool, cabanas, and beach volleyball. The water pressure in your shower should not have been low, especially since we just recently did a full overhaul of our guest room bathrooms in late 2016 to early 2017. It is possible that there is an issue with the shower head, which maintenance should be able to fix quite easily. Our hallways do get beaten up during season and the summer months, but we will be doing some patches and repainting over the next few months that we hope will freshen them up. We did replace the carpeting on the second and third floor hallways earlier this year, but we still have some additional touching up to do. We truly appreciate the time you have taken to write a review of our property and hope you will consider a return trip in the near future.

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

I initially chose this place based on the lower price and it’s location ON St. Pete’s Beach. I booked a standard room by phone within the 72 hour cancel time, so I had to pay for the night immediately. I was told I could request a balcony room at check in only. If I wanted a balcony, I would have to pay a higher price. I figured I would take my chances. I also was told check in was 4p, but that I could try to check in early at 1p. No guarantees a room would be available at 1p, but I could try. So I arrived a quarter after one, and was told I could have a balcony room. The room wasn’t cleaned yet, so come back in an hour. I came back at 2:30p and was told there weren’t any balcony rooms. I was shocked because the guy said it was there. He told me they didn’t check out of the rooms that had the balconies! I was mad, but they gave me an gulf view! LOL! The gulf view was a small window facing the gulf! But it was still cheaper than other places on the beach. We had a large enough room with a comfortable king bed, table, two chairs, large dresser, small chair, fridge, coffee maker, safe, and a dangerous wall outlet in the bathroom when using the hair dryer.
The king bed was directly across from the a/c which bothered me because it was blowing on us all night. I have seen the sludge that builds up inside those units! Scary! So if they could somehow rearrange that room, it would be better. They won’t because there’s a dresser and mirror where the bed would need to be.
The pool was nice. There were many lounge chairs around the pool. The beach was great! I like this beach because it is mostly broken shells and less fine sand. Fine sand blows everywhere and into everything! We had lots of scattered storms and windy days so this type of sand was the best.
There is a 10$ parking fee. I didn’t get any food or beverages, so I don’t know. But it is nice having a little bar and grill on site. I would go there again though. I probably still wouldn’t pay the extra 150.00 for a gulf view balcony though.

Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank Skmomama
Reviewed July 30, 2018

Not a bad place to spend a few nights. The room was clean. The beds and pillows with comfortable. The 3-4 coffee maker is just right. The pool area was very clean and access to the beach couldn't be any easier.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2018 via mobile

Ok place to lay head for 1 night, but I was glad we weren’t stopping longer. The pool area is great and beach is lovely, but inside of hotel is old and run down. Rooms are not very clean and in desperate need of a face lift.

Trip type: Travelled with family