This was our 4th time back (in 20 years). We came first to a conference as a couple. We've been returning to that conference every few years as our kids grew. The Tradewinds has always been a great escape. The first pull is the fairly warm winter weather (it's never quite as warm as Hawaii or Mexico, though). The resort is a great spot with 4 pools, the beach and the gulf. We've graduated from the paddleboats to swimming pools to jetskis and parasailing. So there was always plenty for kids from 2 to 12, and perhaps a bit older.
The resort is large, generally well-maintained (a nice recent makeover). It is a guaranteed fun time for anyone with kids. They are bound to meet other kids to hang with. And the Tradewinds has always been a reasonable value. So I would definitely recommend the place.
We have been opting for the larger suites which give us a little kitchen for breakfast and we have a living room to spread out in. It is in a decent enough location (30 minutes from Tampa Airport). This last trip we did some off-site activities (several off-site restaurants, saw Winter at Clearwater Aquarium, and saw the Dali Museum). But we we always happy to return to the Tradewinds for their pools and beach.
Perhaps the only limitation is that dining here isn't high end, but it is reliably good. The Italian place on site is good. But there are a couple nicer places to eat within walking distance (Don Gaspar and Cafe Luna), as well as some great places in St. Pete.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- TradeWinds Island Grand spans 20 lush, tropical acres and boasts a heritage of award-winning service and certification as a Florida Green Lodge. Overlooking the tranquil waters of the Gulf of Mexico, Island Grand is located on the white sand beaches of St. Pete Beach, consistently ranked one of America's Top Beaches by TripAdvisor. Discover 201 things to do with a variety of recreation activities including JetLev flight center, The Floating Water Park, children's programs, paddleboats, tennis, stand-up paddleboards, a three story tall inflatable waterslide and more. Island Grand offers multiple dining and entertainment venues along with sand-in-your-toes beach bars. Pamper yourself with a beachfront massage at Body Works Salon & Spa. Relax on a beach cabana or lounge next to one of 5 heated pools and 2 whirlpools. Our on-site resort transportation and car rental agency makes getting to Island Grand easy and stress free. It's not just a vacation. At TradeWinds, it's a totally immersive experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, Priceline, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your TradeWinds Island Grand Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Island Grand Beach Hotel Saint Pete Beach
- Tradewinds Island Saint Pete Beach
- TradeWinds Island Grand Resort St. Pete Beach, Florida