6,129 results
All reviews paddle boats flying bridge jacaranda building beef pizza hut pirate show the palm court giant slide beach slide the trade winds adult pool kids club kids activities front row mini golf bedroom suite pete beach
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The property is beautiful the staff is friendly and if you go there you may have the time of your life. Unfortunately I was left with a bad taste in my mouth from management. I arrived at 2 a.m. in the morning to check in and handed the front desk clerk my driver's license and credit card which was perfectly normal. I was handed back my credit card and didn't notice that I hadn't received my driver's license back. The next day, not realizing to had left my drivers license at a front desk, I turned my room and car upside down trying to find it. I eventually went to the front desk to see if they had it. They couldn't find it there but said they would check the security camera footage to see if they had given it back to me. After a while I was told that indeed, I did not get my driver's license back from the front desk. They said they had good news and bad news. Good news is they found out what happened to my license and the bad news was and gave it to someone from a different state. I'm from Canada. How negligent is that? I was told they were trying to contact the man who had my license but he was not responding to their calls. Also they left a message with my contact information for him to contact me but I have yet to hear from him. Their first priority the next morning should have been to contact me in my room. I was given a few free meals on Tradewinds but that was it. I had rented a car that I couldn't drive so the thing spent the entire week in the parking lot and I wasn't able to check out the area. I do not understand how something like this can happen. How do you give someone the wrong drivers license? Obviously the employee was not paying attention to their job. This stranger has a lot of my personal information and I have no idea who he is. I can only hope that this person is in the process of sending my driver's license to me and not using it for something much worse. Upon checkout I once again asked if they had heard from this man but all I got was "sorry there's nothing we can do". I guess management at Tradewinds felt that a couple of free meals was enough to compensate someone for this huge blunder. Not only was I not able to drive while on vacation, now I am at home looking for another way to get work while I wait to get another driver's license. But again, this is a beautiful property with friendly staff. I just wish I didn't have to tell this story. I stayed from October 6th to October 13th 2018.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wmeade
JustLetGo8, Guest Relations Manager at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Guest,
As the Director of Guest Satisfaction, please accept my personal apologies for this most unique, unfortunate experience and any inconveniences associated with such. I was involved with this to a certain degree, as there were several conversations with the front desk managers regarding the uncertainties of the other guest cooperation of these matters. We made all efforts to ensure the return of your license, as well as attempting to provide resolution for the delay with dinner reservations at the RumFish Grill, and then an additional request for Palm Court as well. Seeing that you are a BlueGreen Vacation Owner, contact was made with the Owner Representative as well, which also included additional request for further compensation.
Again, I apologize for this unfortunate circumstance, as each of us here at TradeWinds and BlueGreen Vacations are hoping that the other guest takes the appropriate responsibility of returning your license without any further delays. If I could be of any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Doug Rogers
Director of Guest Satisfaction
drogers@twresort.com

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Positively wonderful. We were on a budget since we were taking my sister, her husband and their two year old son to Saint Pete Beach for the first time, and upon check in we saw Tina and she was polite and professional as always and made us feel welcome once again. She and the lil fella hit it off quite nicely and she said check your phone later I'm sending you coupons for ice cream. Tina did not know we were on a budget and this sincere gesture helped us in making our family vacation even better. She touched our hearts and made us feel like part of the TradeWinds family. Her surprise coupons put a smile on every face. Thank you Tina for loving what you do and doing your job wonderfully. Thank you Colleen E. and Angel for helping us as well. You all are wonderful at your jobs!

Room Tip: I cant say there are any bad rooms. There is a room to fit your preference from quiet to part of the nightlife below.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank Sheribercheh
Erin M, Social Media Specialist at TradeWinds Island Grand Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Sheri, thank you for such a kind review. We are so happy you had a positively wonderful stay! We will be sure to pass along your kind words to Tina and Colleen. We hope to see you and our family again very soon!

Kindly,
Erin M
Social Media Specialist

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This is my second year attending business conference at this hotel. Lulu Randall one of the customer server is very friendly and dedicated to her work, drinking station is always filled and in order. Very passionate in her work area.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

A conference I love to attend is at the Tradewinds every year, and every year the Tradewinds surpasses itself. The staff is absolutely wonderful - Chris, who straightened out my Paradise Club account, Francis in the Palm Court who made a friend's birthday dinner quite special, the lovely maitresse d' of the Palm Court (whose name I cannot remember at the moment) who went out of her way to help us, Chris in the Flying Bridge who made our last meal for this trip memorable, Doug who was always ready to answer a question - and so very many others who were always friendly and helpful. There are not enough good things to say about the Tradewinds!

Room Tip: I always get a gulf front room with a balcony, so cannot comment on the others. My room has always been fabulous.
  • Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business

Hi there, thank you for the amazing review! We are so glad our staff made your experience so memorable. We will surly pass along your kind words to our staff! We hope you think of TradeWinds when planning your next stay!

Kindly,
Erin M
Social Media Specialist

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I don’t know how some hotel reviewers classify a 5 Star hotel, but here’s how I rate it. Tradewinds has 5 pools between 2 adjacent properties, too many on site eateries to cram into one visit, free activities such as pedal boats, ping pong, a giant slide, crafts, movies by the pool, tennis, volleyball, outdoor chess and putt putt. Plus they have a few activities for a small fee such as a mechanical shark ride, bungee trampoline, mining for gems, and more. The property is well organized and safe to let your older kids roam and play while mom and dad relax by the pool or in a private beach cabana. If you think you’ve found a better family beach resort, then you shouldn’t be reading this anyway. Truly, I should tell you it’s awful so that it won’t be more crowded when I come back for a return trip next year, but that’s not how I roll.

Stayed: October 2018, travelled with family