“Not quite as charming as we hoped!”

Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North
Ranked #17 of 42 Hotels in St. Petersburg
Florida, USA
“Not quite as charming as we hoped!”
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Ok, yes, I like the creaky floors and the old style charm and the photo real murals on the walls. What I don't find charming, though, is how you can hear everyone going on in each room you pass from the hallway. This is because there is a huge amount of space around each door. Not only does this let in light in sound, it also allows guests to remain in touch with the local ecosystem in the form of crawly critters. There was an old wooden bench in the shower...just ugh. While not exactly filthy, the room wasn't terribly clean, either.

OK, the location is great, and there is free parking - if you can find a spot, and it's not secure. Breakfast is not included, and mine was microwaved. It's probably best to walk around the corner and have something good. There wasn't much staff, and those who are there seem to have multiple responsibilities, so you stand around waiting for service even when the hotel isn't crowded. I wouldn't stay here again when there are other options in the immediate area.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank coconuts99
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 18 June 2012
Dear coconuts99,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I do apologize for any inconvenience that you have experienced. I will follow up with the staff to ensure that similar incidents won't happen again.
I was sorry to hear some aspects did not meet your expectations. We will review for possible modifications so to better accommodate our guest in the future.
I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Regards,
Brenda J.
IHGCare

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Reviewed 5 May 2012 via mobile

DIRTY! I will spare you the details but unless you like hair in your pillow, shower, and floor do not stay here..... Will skip the part where I found dead bugs in my shower AFTER housekeeping "cleaned."

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank NS061309
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Indigo St Petersburg Downtown North, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear NS061309,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry you received room conditions which were unacceptable. I appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Jaime W
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Jersey
Reviewed 30 April 2012 via mobile

Stayed here when I went down to visit my doctor for a post surgical appointment. Right in downtown, near all downtown attractions. I got in very late, which I gave them a heads up about prior to my arrival and the very kindly had a room for me on the first floor. It's an older hotel but for a 1/2 stay it's perfect. I will definitely stay here again when I go back in July.

Stayed April 2012
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 April 2012

My husband and I spent a night here during a recent visit to our daughter. I really like this hotel. People were so friendly and accommodating. We stayed in a small suite so our daughter was able to stay with us and need not drive home after dinner. The hotel is pet-friendly so we were even able to have our "grand dog" stay, too. The dinner recommendations were excellent and the hotel itself is within close walking distance to many places. The one small issue I had was that the pool had not been swept and it was a bit dirty. The towels were pretty thin and small as well. There was ample parking, and the staff could not have been nicer. Overall, it was a very nice stay for a reasonable price.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The hotel location is downtown, walking distance to many museums, restaurants, and waterfront parks. The hotel is in an older , restored building with lots of charm. Room size is adequate but bathrooms very small- for one person only. There's a small pool, but we did not use. We drove 10 minutes to very nice beach- Pass a Grille! Fort De Soto is also very close. This is our second time at this hotel and we will return. It's only a few blocks away from Tropicana Fueld where the Rays play baseball.

• Stayed April 2012
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 23 April 2012

I visited St Pete for the first time since my family moved when I was a teenager. I had no idea what downtown would be like after years so I used Priceline to find a hotel. I ended up at the delightful Hotel Indigo and will plan to go back on any return trips! The location is convenient to restaurants and bay and an easy walk to the spectacular Dali Museum. The hotel decor is colorful and trendy, with coordinated comforters, wall paper, carpet and linens. They even provide bikes for free and I had a great time exploring bike paths along the water. What a great find!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Cape Coral, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We have been to this location on four different weekends and reasons. Rays games, St Anthony's triathlon, birthday weekends and just to go. Location is the best of the galleries, restaurants and walking along the water.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room 215 king room.