I knew that there was a party place, and, hey, I was on a working vacation. They advertised wireless wrong. The music played loudly until 3 am on Sunday night. I was expecting it to go on, but when the rain came at about 7 pm that night, the crowd disappeared. There were like 10 folks in the whole area after the rainstorm. Then the music started loud again at 9 am. 3 folks at the bar, and blasted away until 2 am. How can they expect anyone to sleep when the music is on full blast from 9 am to 2 am? Then the wireless enver worked. Oh yea, there was this really weak signal, but I could never connect. Their internal wireless had a super strong signal, but they wouldn't give me the passcode.
My room was adequately clean. What do you expect for the price? It was as clean as any other hotel for the price. The staff was super super friendly, one of the super high points of my stay. The card reader went out for the room keys, and the night clerk had to let us all in, and he was so great at that. Ryan in the front office and all the bartenders of the cabana bar were just fabulous. And the party on Sunday afternoon (who goes to Florida in August?) was super. I just coudn't help but notice that I didn't see any of the locals using the showers before they went into the pool. Some more public showers next to the pool might be in order. The hidden room where the public showers were was an unsanitary mess--I would consider not using it either.
Restaurant food was a good value and excellent, but the service sucked--the only service that did.
All in all, I'd stay there again for a weekend, but never for a vacation where I want to get some of my internet work done, at least until the staff can tell me where an internet cafe is located. They coudn't.
And having no breakfast options other than the McDonalds across the street was a hard to take too.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE FLAMINGO GLBT RESORT & ENTERTAINMENT COMPLEX. Just minutes from some of the best beaches in America, Flamingo is a must at the top of your list of Gay Travel Destinations. The Flamingo Resort has 130 Hotel Rooms, the Flamingo Grill & Cafe, 9 On-Site Shops, 7 Bars and an 80,000 Gallon Pool. Enjoy Tropical Drinks served at the poolside Cabana or relax inside at Flamingo's Video Bar... or dance the night away at the Flamingo Main Bar Night Club, complete with Live DJ's, Light Shows & The Flamingo Royal Players Cabaret Show! Our goal at the Flamingo Resort is to ensure your complete satisfaction while visiting Florida's Largest Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual & Transgender Resort & Entertainment Complex. We are able to do this by offering Non-Stop Entertainment, Great Food & Drinks, and a fabulous staff that understand our Customers are our number one priority. Our job is to create the atmosphere of your dreams where you can meet new friends, make new memories, and have a fantastic time!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Flamingo Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Flamingo Hotel St. Petersburg
- Jms Hotel St Petersburg
- Knights Inn Saint Petersburg
- Flamingo Resort St. Petersburg, Florida