US$117
US$154
US$118
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$142/night.

All reviewshappy hourrooms are smallmeet other guestscontinental breakfastgreat ownersantique furniturefree beerwithin walking distancefriendly hostsdowntown stsocial houryogurtdali museumhard boiled eggsreception areast petechain hotels
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I stayed here, only one night, during a spur-of-the-moment vacation with my husband. We wanted to be close to the Dali museum, and close to the highway back to Sarasota (for the Ringling), so this was a great location.
I'd never stayed at a bed and breakfast type inn before, and so my expectations were in line with what I'd seen on TV. Luckily, I wasn't disappointed! The owners were so warm and friendly, I felt like we were staying with relatives. The lobby/lounge had the right mix of cozy and view out into the downtown. After a long day walking around St. Pete and taking in the art at the Dali, relaxing in the lounge--tasty complimentary coffee in hand--was seriously awesome. Hand me a board game and I could have stayed out there all night!
The room was perfect for our needs--we packed for a short trip and so a warm bed, a desk to review the museum pamphlets, and a chest of drawers for clothes was ideal! I was really happy with all the outlets--silly, but it can be hard to find a place for charging phones, handheld games, and ipads in most hotels, but no problem here. Even a mini fridge!
I rated a four only because of the age of the bathroom--it's super vintage! I really liked the classic look of the room and hotel, though.
If I come to St Pete again, this is where I would stay. My antique-crazy parents are already dying to check out the "cute historical inn" my husband and I stayed in.
So, in short, it has all the charm and warmth that most hotels lack!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank tsukihi
AmericasBestInn, Owner at The Inn on Third, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2014

Wow, thank you for your wonderful and detailed review! So happy to hear just how much you enjoyed our inn during your recent stay. We sincerely look forward to welcoming you back to our inn and would love to welcome your parents as well. By the way, we do have some board games, too!

We wish you all the best!

Reviewed March 6, 2014

It was New Year's Eve; I searched high and low, calling just about every hotel, B&B, etc., in St Pete - they were all booked. Then... I found Americas Best Inn. Brian said I was in luck as they just noticed someone double booked! I'm glad they did.

The Inn was perfect! The location was perfect! And, the Innkeepers are wonderful.
The room was small and older, but very clean, comfortable and quiet. We arrived during happy hour and was offered a drink and snacks.

While we were sitting in the lobby having a drink, someone came in looking for a room. Stephanie told her she was full, but tried helping out the woman by calling other locations in the area to see if they had vacancies. I was impressed as Stephanie did not need to do that!

The inn is located within walking distance to Central Ave and/or Beach Dr.

The inn met our needs and I would stay here again.

And, by the way, the Christmas tree was beautiful.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank trasea

Sunny greetings from St. Pete and thank you very much for your wonderful review. It was a pleasure welcoming you to our inn over New Years' and hopefully we will get to welcome you back again in the future.

We wish you all the best and happy travels!

Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are tired of big box chain motels, try this intimate, friendly, inn in downtown St. Petersburg. The atmosphere is like a B&B because the owners greet you personally and see to all your needs. My room was furnished with antiques. The bath is small but everything worked just fine. An afternoon reception with wine and nuts is a great way to meet other guests. The breakfast has a choice of cereals, pastries, fresh oranges, bananas, and the coffee is marvelous! Free parking, free wi-fi, comfortable atmosphere. Don't bring your kids or pets. If you are lucky you might see Brian & Stephanie's children as they leave or return from school.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NeilfromDayton

A friendly hello and a heartfelt thank you for your review! We are very happy to hear how much you enjoyed your stay at our inn and appreciate the time you took for this write up. With this said, we hope to welcome you back soon and wish you all the best on your future travels!

Reviewed March 2, 2014

We chose this inn because of its glowing reviews here but our experience was unfortunately quite different. Room 32 we were in was not in anywhere near good condition: There was unfinished plastering & painting on one wall (see pic) and the doors badly needed a new coat of paint (see pic). The furniture was also badly laid out, which resulted in a cramped feeling. The overall feel of the room was worn-out, old and cramped.
We also had trouble with the management. We called twice to book and confirm a late arrival as our flight into Tampa was a late one. On arrival at the inn there was no one there, the door was locked and no bell to ring! After knocking for a few minutes on the front door we roused one of the staff from their sleep who protested our late arrival with a disgruntled mien! Basically we were then hurried into our room as fast as possible. Our questions about house details were met with "we'll let you know about all that tomorrow."
These are all basic issues which leads me to not recommend this place.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 32!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Peter S
AmericasBestInn, Owner at The Inn on Third, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

We are sorry to hear that we did not meet your expectations. Yes, there are minor repairs necessary here and there that are getting done as our time allows, though none are major issues which shouldn't affect ones comfort - such as the inside of this particular closet door. The outside, which faces the room, is in good condition. Surely you remember this as well.

In regards to your late arrival, we do want to set the record straight. As discussed over the phone at time of booking, we sent you the lockbox instructions via email. The fact that you did not receive them could have been a simple typo in the email address. We do not understand why you didn't check back with us in regards to not having received this important email prior to your arrival.

Doorbell: Yes, there actually is a door bell by our front door, in addition to a sign asking you to "please ring bell for service". We answer the bell each and every time, no matter what time of day or night.

So while we apologize that you did not have a pleasant experience at check-in, we will point out that we use the lock box for exactly this reason. We do not have a 24 hour front desk as we go to bed at 10 pm. This way we get the sleep we need to be at our best the next day, providing great service to our guests.

One last note. You stayed with us for multiple nights. We would have loved to have known your dislike of the room while here. A switch to a room that suited you better would have been no issue at all. Giving us the opportunity to make it right, then and there, would have been a fair request, don't you think?

With all this said, we regret to have fallen short of your expectations and wish you all the best on your future travels.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

This is a small inn with older facilities and rooms. But it is perfectly located for exploring downtown St. Petersburg and is within walking distance of museums and the waterfront. What really makes the place shine, though, is its owners and hosts, Brian and Stephanie, who are as helpful, friendly and all-round delightful as it is possible to be.
The continental breakfast (with "real" plates and cutlery) was quite adequate, and the free glass of wine or beer in the evening was very welcome and allowed us to meet other guests. This inn is more like a B&B than a hotel. It was perfect for discovering St. Petersburg's attractions and excellent restaurants.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Artenthusiast

Thank you so much for you great review. In return we are sending you a big dose of Florida sunshine to brighten up your Canadian spring. We are glad to hear you enjoyed our inn and it's convenient location. Please come and visit us again on your next trip to Florida, we would love to welcome you back!