We two stayed here for three nights. The decor was warm and inviting, with antique furnishings and a days-gone-by kind of feel. The facilities were very clean and well-kept. The innkeepers were friendly and helpful. The inn was full all three nights, but the small parking lot next to the building seemed adequate. We saw a number of guests from Europe, and one of the innkeepers conversed very well in German with some of the guests.. so it seems this place may have appeal to European travelers in particular. It is within walking distance, or a trolley ride, to a variety of activities like museums, restaurants, and boutique shops.
There is no pool, no vending/ice machines, no workout room, and no laundry facilities (though that is available for a small charge). If you prefer a hotel with those kinds of amenities, I do not advise coming here. We need none of those things, so for us, it was no problem. There is free wi-fi, though we couldn't use it with a couple of our gadgets. The lobby area is nice, and people spent time in it in the morning enjoying a free continental breakfast or some free wine/beer in the late afternoon.
This was a VERY quiet hotel during our stay, and we absolutely loved that aspect of it. We wanted to be able to go out during the day and sightsee, dine out, etc., and return to a safe, quiet place to chill out and unwind. No hallway noise, no loud guests... we found it heavenly. The bed was comfortable, not too soft a mattress but not too firm, either. A/C units are located in each room, so you can control the room temp yourself - but you also get white noise at night (which we both prefer).
If you like a clean, quiet, small hotel with great innkeepers and a lot of charm, I highly recommend this particular America's Best Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming historic inn conveniently located in the heart of Downtown St. Petersburg. This 20 guest room inn is within walking distance to world class museums and galleries, fine dining, evening entertainment and St. Pete's beautiful waterfront. Tropicana Field, home of the Tampa Bay Rays, is less than 1 mile from the inn. The Gulf beaches are an app. 20 minute drive from Downtown. Amenities at the inn include a continental breakfast, a drink at Evening Social, wifi and limited onsite parking. We are a 2-star property know for excellent service and unique accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Inn on Third reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Americas Best Inn St Petersburg Hotel St. Petersburg
- Best Inn St Petersburg
- St Petersburg Best Inn
- Best Inn Saint Petersburg
- Saint Petersburg Best Inn
- The Inn On Third St. Petersburg, Florida