All reviews fridge and microwave budget hotel change rooms room was clean and comfortable bath towels the ground floor beautiful pool coffee maker fitness center robin kia pups pets st nites hurricane irma
Reviewed April 23, 2018

Check-in was fine with very friendly desk personnel. The room was clean and comfortable with modern amenities. Big comfortable bed with effective a/c. No microwave, fridge, or coffee-maker in room; but coffee and a microwave available 24/7 in lobby. Excellent hi-def TV with a large number of channels to choose from. Excellent picture. Bathroom facilities were of good quality and sink looked new. A number of vending machines around motel with fair prices and ice also available. Good sized pool on premises and a relaxing courtyard with a nice variety of healthy plants. A good place to read a book after a relaxing swim. One thing I have never seen at other hotels/motels is an envelope on the desk recommending guests leave daily tips of $2 to $5 for housekeeping service. I left a note in the room after my first nite saying I didn't require a change of sheets or towels; but after the first couple of nites my bed wasn't made up for the duration of my stay which may sound funny; but I didn't particularly mind. Housekeeping services seemed sketchy as not much appeared to get done. The only real negative is the location - especially if you don't have a vehicle. It's a 20-25 minute drive to the downtown area if you do have one. Fortunately you can catch bus #34 across the street to take you to Grand Central Station for connections to most places including downtown and the beaches. Careful crossing 34th St as it's like a freeway and takes patience to cross. Very good value - good hotel/rooms.

Room Tip: The motel is far enough away from 34th St. N that you don't hear much traffic noise. Rooms in the back of the motel are probably quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
RedRoofinnManagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

I want to Thank You for taking the time out of your busy schedule to put a review up on Trip Advisor. Us All here @ The Red Roof Inn appreciate the Great compliment. We are doing our best to make sure everyone of our guest our happy with there stay each and everyday. I will share this review with my staff.

Reviewed April 20, 2018

The Hotel itself was great. Kia, at front desk and Loretta was in charge of cleaning staff. I was very pleased with both services. The rooms were clean and bedding fresh. The center courtyard is picturesque. The neighborhood its located in is not ideal.

Room Tip: The inter courtyard facing rooms are best.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thanks Very much for Staying with us at Red Roof Inn-St Petersburg Fl We Value our Guest Great Feed back and Glad to hear you enjoyed your Stay with us. Also Happy to your All our staff made your stay a great one. We will share this great review with our Staff members.. We hope to see you again in future travels to St Petersburg Fl

Thanks

Reviewed April 17, 2018 via mobile

I have to say I was very impressed with the amazing customer service that Devante provided when we checked in, the room was clean,and there was a Dennys right next door very convenient,will be staying there again

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
RedRoofinnManagement, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Tampa Bay - St. Petersburg, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2018

Thank you for your great response. Awesome to hear you had a good stay and Devante wow'd you! We certainly appreciate him as a great staff member. He does juggle his duties working for us. We will definitely recognize Devante.

Thanks so much as see you again soon!!

Reviewed April 13, 2018

I was pleasantly surprised by my stay here, it was honestly better than some of the resorts I've stayed at. I had to stay here as I was in town for an event and this was the only hotel not booked. The price was wayyyy too high for the room, but I guess that was just because of the event going on. ($200+ a night). The reception staff was very friendly, and we got to check in a bit earlier than stated which was a plus. The room was clean, they are pet friendly which was awesome because I had my small Chihuahua with me. There was a small gated area for the dogs to go out, that was nice. I did not go near the pool so I can't comment on that. Mini fridge and coffee maker a plus and SUPER black out curtains. We only stayed for a night but I was very surprised at the quality of the room!

Room Tip: If you have a dog, I would ask for a room near the gated dog park area!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great review!! We loved having you here and it is icing on the cake to see that you loved staying with us!! We will definitely share your positive feedback with the employees you mentioned.
Very excited to see you again when you come back to St. Pete!!

Dawn Stephenson General Manager

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Great service..... Especially from the front desk Young lady that greetede with a Smile and Was Very Knowledgeable and Accommodating...She took it upon herself to upgrade my reservation ahead of time seeing how Im staying over a week .. Upgraded to a Frig and Microwave...Misti was Here Name

Stayed: April 2018, travelled on business