Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront
Hollander Hotel(St. Petersburg)
US$139
getaroom.com
1,757 results
All reviewsdali museumthe executive loungemahaffey theaterst petehotel is in a great locationview of the baytropicana fieldrays gamefree shuttledowntown areatangerineconferencepetersburgcvshonorspierflorida
Reviewed 2 April 2012

First of all the front desk needs an attitude adjustment. I checked in for a week for work. I asked a few simple questions about room type and such. The then put me in the exact room type I just told them I would prefer not to be in (I wanted a king they put me in a double/double). Normally this is not a big deal but the fact that the girl said she moved me and didn't showed that she didn't care. So I called down and they moved me no problem - just added inconvenience to me.

The Room - well it's very drab and basic. Showing some age. Everything is tan, I really didn't know there were so many shades of tan and taupe in my life. The windows were dark and so was the room. It wasn't dirty but it felt dirty because of the decor.

The executive level was nice to have complimentary beer and wine (don't forget you do pay for that access) but the food in the evenings were just little microwaved greasy bits. They had a candy bar that was completely un-used. Breakfast was a little better - the coffee was good and your very basic hotel continental breakfast. Something you'd expect in a LaQuinta or Hampton Inn. The staff however in the executive level were fantastic and friendly.

Location keeps this place in business. For work it was perfect, for dinner it was great, and weekend fun was perfect. I'd stay there again based on location. Just be prepared. Hopefully they will update SOON!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank RussellKP
Dave P, General Manager at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2012

Dear Russell KP, thank you for review regarding you stay with us, I am sorry you had difficulty with your check in for your visit, rest assured I will share the feedback with our staff to improve our service quality. I am pleased to share with you that we will be going through a re-fresh this year to meet our guest expectations, I will also share your experience in our lounge and hope that we will see you again soon. Dave Prophet GM

Reviewed 30 March 2012

I chose this hotel for its location to the Bayfront. Lobby very nice and inviting. Front desk associates very welcoming and informative about the area. This is an older building and it shows in the rooms. However, everything was clean and very quiet. My room overlooked the north parking lot which was ok during the day but at the night the bright security lights lit up the room even with the room darkening blinds. $12 for parking is outrageous (my only big negative). I guess the question is, would I return to this property? Yes I would and already have reseverations for another long weekend at the Bayfront.

Room Tip: Get a room that does not overlook the north parking lot due to the bright lights at night.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Daniel T, thank you for your kind review, we pride ourselves in our staff and service delivery, I am sorry you were surprised at our charges for parking but please be assured our pricing is competative as parking in our area is in short supply. Our goal is to make sure each guest feels at home and we hope to see you soon in the future. Dave Prophet GM

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Hotel was okay. Clean but not that well maintained.
It took two requests and 24 hours to get a broken shower head replaced.
Fitness facility was above average.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2012

After reading some of the other reviews, I must submit that we were quite pleased with this Hilton.
We had a large room with 2 double comfortable beds, a tiny cramped bathroom was our only complaint. The view from the 9th floor overlooking the bay was beautiful. Grocery store, coffee shops, restaurants, museum & sports field all within a short walk! We did not eat at the hotel as there were so many other choices close by.
The staff was friendly and helpful & we got a great rate through priceline.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
Dave P, General Manager at Hilton St Petersburg Bayfront, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2012

Dear Spankyangel, thank you for your positive words and we are so pleased that you enjoyed you stay with us, we hope we will be able to be of service in the future, again, thank you. Dave Prophet GM

Reviewed 28 March 2012

Upon cheking in, we were told there were no non-smoking rooms available (though I had stated that need in reservation), and I said I simply could not stay in a smoking room. That said, the clerk found a room with 2 double beds instead of one king (which is what I had requested anyway).

The next day we left for breakfast and came back to find the parking lot completely full, even including the spaces next to the curb at the ends of the rows that aren't even parking spots. The guy at the entrance said we could go to the garage next door, which we did. We didn't have reason to leave that day, but the next day when we returned from an outing, we again found the parking lot full, and learned they had been selling the parking spots for $3.00 each for the day, while I had been paying $12.00 per night plus another $5.00 to get into the garage next door! I was MAD! I requested refund for my parking, which the clerk did and I gave him my parking pass back since I determined I wouldn't be needing it.

When I checked out, I found out he had only refunded one night, so I informed them I needed credit for the rest of the parking fees since I had been parking next door and paying there as well. They did refund the parking, but honestly, what were they thinking by selling spots for $3.00 to non-hotel guests?

Otherwise, the hotel was clean and quiet enough, though the bathrooms were really tiny. Nice location.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank ventureforth

Dear Venyurefor, I am sorry you had difficulty at check in with your room type, please understand that room types are requests, if we do not have them avaiable we try our best to insure that everyone is as comfortable as possible. As to our parking, our space is limited in the downtown area and we do have parking fee's for 24 hrs and fee's for shot term daytimr events in the hotel, please accept my apologies for the misunferstanding and hope we will see you again soon, Dave Prophet GM