We recently stayed 7 days at this Inn (Sat to Sat) in a beachfront suite. This property could easily be a four star with some small improvements. The propety is older and could be so much nicer with a renovation, especially the room furniture.
The pool and pool deck was clean and nicely maintained with nice lounge chairs.
The continental breakfast was OK (similar to a Hampton Inn), the "fresh fruit" selections were minimal, somteims just slices of oranges and perhaps cut up melon. If you got there early you might snag a banana. The waffle maker was nice with cereals, breads and yogurt also offered. The New York Times is a nice touch as the daily paper.
Our beachfront suite bedroom was small and as previously commented, there is barely enough room to walk around the bed. While the linens on the king bed are nice, the mattress was too soft for my back. The bathroom was small but clean with beach towels (small) provided daily.
The living area had the most uncomfortable couch (sofabed). We even pulled the sofabed out but the mattress was old and worn and even worse. I feel sorry if anyone actually plans to sleep on it. The one chair in the living area was oversized and the small dining table had seen better days.
The outside lounge chairs under the tiki sttyle tables all had broken webbing (maybe one chair did not). This was annoying since this is an easy fix. While the property advertises beach front lounge chairs and umbrellas, there are only six umbrellas and 12 lounge chairs. Lucky for us the propety was not filled so it wasn't a problem otherwise there are nowhere near enough chairs to accommodate the guests. The charis needed to be cleaned now and then, again small stuff but an easy fix.
The bikes are decent which were a plus for us. the island has over 20 miles of bike paths so it was fun to explore using their bikes.
The beach is a short walk from the property and we had a nice view from the 2nd floor beachfront suite. Sanible Island is a great place if you want some R&R and with several good restaurants to choose from.
Make sure you drive to Capitval Island and catch the sunset before you leave.
I will return next year to Sanibel although can't see staying at the Song of the Sea unless the rooms are renovated.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Song of the Sea is a romantic Beachfront European style inn located on beautiful Sanibel Island. This intimate inn offers individualized personal service with picturesque views of the beach and the warm Gulf waters on the horizon. To welcome each guest, the Inn offers a complimentary bottle of wine upon arrival. The newly updated guestrooms and suites feature rich combinations of mahogany toned wood and wicker combined with fabrics in shades that mimic the sun-soaked sand just steps away. After a day in the sun, relax by watching the new 42" flat panel television or enjoy a glass of wine on the screened balcony. All of the accommodations feature demi-kitchens to create the perfect vacation home away from home. Greet each morning with a complimentary continental breakfast complete with make your own waffles, an assortment of breakfast breads, fresh fruit, juice and coffee in a beautiful setting on the Inn’s lanai. After breakfast, relax by the pool and spa or take a long bicycle tour of the island’s 23 miles of bike paths. The bicycles are compliments of Song of the Sea. Explore the natural beauty of Sanibel, with two thirds of the island a nature preserve, or find a special treasure in one of the shops on Periwinkle Drive. Whether you chose to relax or explore, Song of the Sea gives each guest the peaceful solitude to reconnect with nature and loved ones. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, TravelClick, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Song of the Sea reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Song Of The Sea Hotel Sanibel Island
- Song Of The Sea Sanibel Island, Florida