Casa Ybel Resort
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$339
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$191
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$239
US$158
US$249
US$196
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$179
Sunset Beach Inn
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$159
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
US$158
US$149
HotelsClick
Sanibel Moorings Resort(Sanibel Island)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthistle lodgerecommend casapool barthe kitchentime shareliving roomgrouper sandwichscreened in porchlarge poolan umbrellaone bedroom unitfirst floorbeautiful view of the gulfpool siderented bikesgulf of mexicobeautiful grounds
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Location is very nice with beach views. Rooms are large with a screened balcony, sitting room and bedroom. Full kitchen also in unit. Furnishings are average and bedroom a little dreary. We couldn't believe there was no breakfast facility. We had some problem with Thistle restaurant on premises. An item listed for $28 was billed at $35 because "price had changed.". Since menu said $28, they reduced the bill. However, I would never have noticed it if my wife had not checked bill. Also, none of the entrees on the menu actually came with the sides listed on the menu.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CT-and-JJ
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Pros: location, and friendly helpful staff
Cons: price At $320 plus lots of taxes per night we just didn't feel the value was there. Upon checking in our unit had a rather musty smell. We are typical beach vacation folks and this was not typical. Coffee pot in unit but no coffee and no working batteries in tv remote. We thought the maid might bring some the next morning when she came to clean, but alas the cleaning didn't happen till around three the next afternoon. To be fair the musty smell did resolve by the third day and after we called the front desk the coffee and batteries were brought pronto. Still for the price (and this was not high season) I expected more. Lanai was lovely and had a table and chairs as well as a lounge chair. The bathroom was in between two dressing areas each with their own sink and mirror. Regular size tub - no seperate shower and not great water pressure. The kitchenette was pretty well equipped. The pool area was lovely but it did close early and there were lounge chairs and cabannas which could be rented for an additional daily fee. I would reccommend this property for older couples (which we are) or for families with very young (babies or toddlers) children. Not much action for older kids but it was safe and quiet. For folks looking for more facilies (translate value) I would try the large resort on Captiva which has golf, a marina, several restaurants, and a variety of nicely appointed accomodations. We did eat at the Thistle Restaurant in Casa Ybel and had a wonderful experience. Food nicely prepared, service excellent, and lovely views of the Gulf. The lobster bisque was superb.

1  Thank bkazzz
Reviewed January 27, 2012

Pros: quiet, beautiful, ocean view and twenty yards from water, nice sized room, full kitchen
Cons: not for young families, restaurant on site is $$$, bar on site and pool close at 5pm, have to pay extra for amenities like bikes or children's activities

I would reccomend this place to a childless couple or over fifty crowd who plans on spending the day on the beach and the evenings drinking wine in the room. I would not reccokend it for people like us who were a young pregnant couple with a two year old, kids activities were for four and up and they cost extra, the pack and play was $7 extra a night and it was gross, very very limited activities for little ones on the island-- bring toys :)

Room Tip: Lower level and near the lodge
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank bericky
Reviewed January 27, 2012

All very good, spacious room, well equipped kitchen, steps away from the beach, 24h laundry facility. Great 25 m long pool. No breakfast serving at the hotel itself. Either you take your goodies with you, there are some nice breakfast places nearby, too (you need a car or a bike to got there).

Reviewed January 25, 2012

My husband and I just celebrated our 15 year anniversary at Casa Ybel. We had a nice relaxing weekend. The girls at the front desk were very nice. We stayed in the one bedroom suite which had just been remodeled. They look great and are very comfortable! Sunday morning I was able to sit on the lanai and read a book while listening to the waves from the Gulf of Mexico. I LOVE that! Make sure you have the rec department set up beach chairs for you. They set them up on the beach right in front of your suite so you don't have to walk very far.

Although the suites have full kitchens I would recommend having brunch at The Thistle Lodge. I had the Eggs Thistle Lodge and my husband had the Grand Marnier French Toast. Both were outstanding! And who could pass up the free Mimosa, I was on vacation after all.

Thanks to everyone at the resort for a great weekend!

Room Tip: All of the suites face the beach so you can't go wrong
1  Thank benandcam