The Seahorse Cottages are four connected cottages on the East End of Sanibel Island. We were lucky to find a vacancy, and we were also lucky to find such a great little place to rest for a few days. Highly recommend it.
We had the deluxe one bedroom. The kitchen has everything you can want for an island respite - stove, oven, fridge. What you will really like is that the owners have chosen kitchenware, plates, and glasses that are quite tasteful. The sideboard in the kitchen was lovely - such warmth you won't find in some hotel room.
The whole place is beautifully decorated. Small, but a place for everything. We loved the television room with a comfortable couch, and lovely wood pieces that make it feel like home. The bedroom closet has lots of room, and is packed with extra pillows, beach towels, extra blanket, and lots of shelf and hanger room. The linens are very nice - you can tell that care goes into picking things out for this lovely little place. Having said that, just know that the bed takes up most of the room. It's a narrow walk around the bed, but that didn't bother us at all.
And the wonderful owners give each guest their own beach chairs and a red wagon to cart them down the street (two blocks) to the beautiful beach. And there's bikes for everyone to use - free for guests. Can't beat that. It's all very first-class.
A little advice - the water in Sanibel has a strange after-taste if you're not used to it. Buy bottled water if you're sensitive. While the cottage goes out of its way to provide everything you may want, you may want to bring your favorite pillows. I did because I'm fussy that way. I wish I had also brought some regular sized bath soap, but what the heck - everything else was very, very nice.
And one more thing, be prepared -- these places are small. But how long are you in the cottage? The great thing is that it was CLEAN, BEAUTIFULLY DECORATED, COMPLETE WITH MANY CONVENIENCES, and very reasonably priced for off-season. I want to go back when it's cooler - TOO hot for long bike rides, and a great sun burn.
While the beach close to Seahorse is quite beautiful, make sure you stop at Bowman Beach to - it's also beautiful, it also has a fitness trail, a nature trail and LOADS OF SHELLS!!! Outside showers to wash off before you get in your car!
As for Seahorse, we just loved it. It's extra-special and we hope to be back soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seahorse Cottages is tranquil ground-level attached cottages nestled in a lush garden of tropical plants with a heated pool; located just 200 feet from the Bay beach and a block from the Gulf. All suites are comfortably furnished and include living area, bedroom, kitchen, bath and patio. Use of wireless Internet, bicycles and beach equipment is included. The peaceful setting and attention to detail makes Seahorse Cottages an ideal romantic destination. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Seahorse Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Seahorse Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Hotel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Motel Sanibel Island
- Seahorse Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida