Seahorse Cottages
West Wind Inn(Sanibel Island)
US$228
US$180
Song of the Sea(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$339
Casa Ybel Resort(Sanibel Island)
US$299
Official Site
Sunset Beach Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$189
US$167
US$158
Sanibel Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$239
US$191
US$269
US$196
Seaside Inn(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$199
US$159
Anchor Inn & Cottages(Sanibel Island)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
Travelocity
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbedroom cottageback porchshort walkbeach chairsfront porchcomplimentary bikesthought of everythingpool furnituresized kitchenpeace and quietcleaning stationrelaxing stayhome away from homelocation is greatexplore the islandlaundry roompeggy
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My husband and I enjoyed staying at Seahorse Cottages for the peaceful, quiet location. It was also a very short walk to both the bay side and the ocean. The cottage was spotless. They had complimentary bikes on site too, which we enjoyed using. I would like to say something regarding another reviewer's comment about the size of the pool. She mentioned that she was disappointed because the pool was so small. I would rather describe the pool as intimate. There is no reason for a large pool at a place like this. There are only three cottages. I felt like the pool was made just for us. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it to everyone.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
16  Thank DianeR12521
Reviewed 20 February 2012

These cottages are a real gem. Situated on the east end of the island, they are easily accessible from the causeway, and have the advantage of being on the less busy end of the island. The room was clean and comfortable, and quiet. The kitchen was adequately equipped. We will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Joe848
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Sanibel is so different from the mainland and we found staying in Seahorse Cottages was an ideal way of seeing the island. We had the 2 bed cottage which is a good size - larger than we'd expected - and it had everything we needed - easy access to the beach, bikes to get around the local area, barbecue, pool all in good shape: the place is well looked after. The owners are friendly and welcoming, all very comfortable. We had a great time. Hope to be back soon!

Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
7  Thank BobTheRechnung
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Seahorse cottages are just a short walk from the beach -- and when we were there in December it was 80 degrees and sunny every day! The 1 bedroom cottage has a comfortable living room and cable TV, a good-sized kitchen area and eating area, a bathroom, bedroom with queen sized bed, and a great back porch by the pool. The pool area was fantastic with many chairs, a hammock and shower. I loved choosing a bike provided by the owners and riding up and down the great bikeways alongside the main road through the island. The cottage is just a few doors down from a deli, a cafe and the ice cream shop. It was helpful to have laundry facilities and the restaurant guides left in the room. I loved it there, wish I could move in forever!

Room Tip: The 1 bedroom doesn't have a front porch, but is on the end and nearest to the pool.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank spatzer1959
Reviewed 16 October 2011

Friends and I stayed at these wonderful cottages in July 2011. All three of us desperately needed a vacation and staying at Sea Horse Cottages made our Sanibel experience perfect! I arrived very late during a Florida thunderstorm and was so happy to see a note on the outside of my door welcoming me to my temporary Sanibel home. We enjoyed sitting on the outside porch with our glasses of wine every night, and walked to the ice cream store around the corner several times during our stay. We utilized the complimentary bikes and pool often. We enjoyed swinging on the swing and watching the salamanders scurry up the banyan trees. We have decided that we will make this an annual experience. Do yourself a favor.... Pick up the phone and reserve your spot at Seahorse cottages so you too can feel like you have your very own little island getaway!

K. Osmon (Chicago)