Being our first time visiting Sanibel island, we were very impressed with the atmosphere, the beaches the restaurants and the laid back atmosphere here. It is refreshing to know that the gulf coast of Florida is not entirely plastered over with high-rises.
We stayed here for three days during the high-season of early March. The grounds - dotted with walkways and tropical plants and well-tended, was a welcome sight. The pool and sitting/grilling area were both welcoming.
The only slight downside in our opinion was the room, which was at best of average standard and could definitely use an update/renovation (carpets, bed, bathroom). We had a simple room with a twin bed so perhaps this was not representative. Admittedly, this is one of the better values on a very popular island, but even taking that into account, the room was a disappointment.
I Could nevertheless recommend the Kona Kai for a few days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our inn borders the Sanibel river for our guests who love to fish or kayak. We are located directly on the bike path and are close to shopping, restaurants and attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Travelocity.ca so you can book your Kona Kai Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kona Kai Hotel Sanibel Island
- Kona Kai Sanibel Island
- Kona Kai Motel Sanibel Island, Florida