“Loved Beach Road Villas” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Beach Road Villas

Beach Road Villas
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Loved Beach Road Villas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2011

We stayed at Beach Road Villas for a long weekend and loved it! I brought my 12 year old golden retriever and the villa was very comfortable for her with a nice yard in the back and along the side, plus there was plenty of room for her to walk around. It was great to sit out in the back lanai and watch the family of manatees. The beach is a 2 minute walk from the villas and it was beautiful and open, perfect for letting my golden run around. I really liked that Beach Road provided bikes, beach chairs, and beach mats. We especially made use of their wagons for the beach to bring all of our gear. The apartment was clean and had everything we needed for the weekend. I especially loved that it only has 4 units, so the property was very quiet. The owners were always near by and were easy to contact if we needed anything. Great experience! I would visit again!

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Janesville, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2011

Great location! The beach was only 2 minutes away.
I was surprised when we arrived. I was expecting to have to rent bikes, and beach chairs; but the villa came with all the ammentities of home. It was well landscaped and very nicely furnished.
I was amazed to see the manatee and the jumping fish in the canal in back. We came for rest and relaxation. It was that and so much more. I would definitely recommend your place to anyone looking to stay in that area. We have told friends they need to check this out. It is well worth your efforts.
Dennis and Rose Deuel, Janesville,WI.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rose D
wookarino
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2011

Excellent stay. Very quiet location. Very clean. Great communication with the owner and manager. Very short walk to the beach and is shady and nice. Bikes in great condition. Reserve it! You will be happy.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank wookarino
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2011

My friend and I arrived Monday afternoon and were pleasantly surprised at the comfortable accommodations at Beach Road Villas it had everything we needed. It was very relaxing under the plush tropical landscaping and we even got to see the Manatee and her baby. We will definitely recommend your place to all our friends.
Mary Brixey

Room Tip: perfect for girlfriend getaway
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank orangeblossom51
Orange City, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2011

Very clean villa, well kept grounds, bike and beach gear in excellent shape. Thoroughly enjoyed our vacation week.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Fort Pierce, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

If you are looking for comfort, like a home away from home, this is it. Beach Road Villas is tucked away from the hub bub of the main area of Sanibel. Although it is not right on the beach, the price makes the walk to the beach like a walk in the park. The villa comes well equipped with all you need for preparing meals if you choose and the place is furnished in away that you just feel right at home. We loved the free use of the bikes, beach equipment, and beach towels. All you need to bring is your bathingsuit and of course casual attire for all the fun activities on the island. Be sure to visit the wonderful Chamber of Commerce as they have so much free information and they love to share it. We are keeping Beach Road Villas high on our list of places to stay when we visit Sanibel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank Mike3737
Golden, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2011

Typically, it is my husband who is "in charge" of making our vacation and travel plans. As a family (or at least as a couple) we decide where we are going and look at various housing/room options, make a decision and he takes it from there. This time, I decided it was my turn to make the decisions, knowing very well the results could be disastrous. Well, once I spoke with Dave about Beach Road Villas, I knew I could not go wrong. He kindly held my hand and answered my many questions about the property, amenities and location as well as which airport to fly into and island information in general. Despite all the great information, I decided the pressure was a bit too much so I included our 13 year old son in the decision making process of our soon to be called "super secret vacation". Between the two of us, we mulled over all Dave shared and decided this was pretty much perfect for our family of 6. Now, in a perfect world, this may be true...so, still somewhat guarded, we finalized our plans and patiently waited out the next 3 months until our date of departure. Caleb (our "in the know" son) and I thoroughly enjoyed taunting the rest of the family with our vacation knowledge but in reality we were a little anxious. We were soon to find out this was such a waste of energy! When we arrived to the villas, we were delighted to find a spotless home waiting for us with tons of room for all. While we unpacked, the rest of the kids (7, 9 and 11) all set out to explore the outside of the property and excitedly reported back about the many little geckos, the banana trees, the hammock and the canal in which we (eventually) did see the manatees! Once I scoped out the inside and we brought in our luggage, my husband and I went in search of the bikes. As avid cyclists (both road and mountain) we were particularly interested in our ride potential for the next 7 days. Cute cruisers, some with baskets, all lined up in the garage, waiting for us! Not our typical "ride" material but we were thrilled they were available (and free!) and that there were plenty for all of us, even the 7 and 9 year olds. Once we unpacked, we ate a quick dinner (Dave advised stopping at one of the big grocery stores before hitting the causeway to the island, very good advice) and went down to the beach (a very quick and pleasant walk along a tree covered path). As it was approaching dusk, we didn't stay long but the kids did get in some ankle wading and turned a few cart wheels before we headed back. Evenings are great whether it be on bikes, out walking or at the beach, but be sure to use bug spray! Pesky little nibblers... The following days consisted of bike rides, shopping and play at the beach. Because we rented a car, we did drive to the opposite end of the island a couple of times to see as much as possible and to swim at some of the other beaches. We visited the shell museum, too. The restaurants we ate at were Pinocchio's, the Island Cow, Cheeseburger Cheeseburger, and Blue Giraffe...all very good, decently priced and surprisingly not crowded. Despite our shopping at Publix, we did end up getting a few items from both Jerry's and Bailey's, Jerry's definitely being a bit more expensive. Overall, we loved our trip to sanibel, and the Beach Road Villas were lovely. Very quiet, very clean and very roomy. The full kitchen was awesome and the washer/dryer was key. I can't tell you how many times my husband said "we packed way more than we needed, should have come with only 2 outfits each and our swim suits!" Guess we now know better how to pack for the next time. We will definitely be back!!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family