All reviewsroom efficiencydeluxe studioreservation processmom and popfresh onesfull kitchenstayed for two nightsprivate beach accessbike rentals on sitesister propertynice poolthe ritzmini fridgefront porchtropical windskitchen arearooms were very clean
Reviewed April 29, 2015

We hadn't booked but drove around and happily found this Inn. We were made extremely welcome, all the staff were lovely and helpful, the room was spacious and clean and we thoroughly recommend. The grounds are kept really well and they couldn't do enough to help us without charging extras for things like beach towels, umbrellas, chairs etc etc. Loved it!

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2015

Just returned from a very enjoyable stay by myself at Anchor Inn. This trip came somewhat out of the blue for me as I was playing in a sports tournament nearby. Usually my husband and I stay at a larger resort on the beach several times a year. Anchor Inn was perfect! The unit was spotless and wifi connection was great. I was only there for a 5 days, but I felt so much at home I didn't want to leave ! Loved having my bike right outside the door. It was very quiet and although I did not have an animal with me, I love staying at hotels that allow pets. Linda and Nicole could not have been nicer or more accommodating. Will definitely stay here in the future.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank naturergirl
Reviewed April 2, 2015

We LOVED our stay here! Such a well-kept, quaint little "village" conveniently located on Periwinkel Drive, near everything you'd want to do on Sanibel. Biking all over Sanibel-Captiva from here was delightful, and the location really was PERFECT for just about everything! Rooms are well-appointed and it is great that bikes and beach equipment are right there on the property. Pool is wonderfully heated, and the little patios outside every unit are great places to have a quiet cocktail at the end of a fun-in-the-sun day. We would stay here again in a heartbeat! Prices very affordable.

• Stayed: April 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 16, 2015 via mobile

This is my fifth visit to the island, I've stayed at Tropical Winds once and at Anchor Inn twice.
The good about anchor inn is it's close proximity to everything. The pool is nice and the beds are comfortable in the room.
Why I won't be staying here again is the management. When we checked in after 3 pm our room was still not ready. I wouldn't have minded that, but while I was in the office waiting for someone to check us in the manager was in the parking lot chewing on my wife and kids. Great way to start a vacation! The next after our "free WiFi" disappeared and I was told we could come sit outside the office and use theirs. I told them my college age son had homework to turn in and they told me I was free to look for another place to stay. After the first day and having to remind them in the evening to exchange our towels, I just gave up and started going to get my own.
It's a nice place. Just don't expect friendly service or help. Oh, they do have trash bags for the can, but you will have to go get them. There is no room service.
I'll be back to the island, it's great. But I won't be back to Anchor Inn.
Submitted from the guest lobby area at Anchor Inn

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with family
7  Thank John W
Reviewed February 18, 2015

We stayed in the middle A-Fame cottage at this small roadside motel. It was a clean and quiet 2 bd 1 bath unit, had a stocked kitchen, ceiling fans, and comfy furniture. The pool was nice, there was onsite laundry, and they supplied towels/chairs/etc for trips to the beach. Linda and Nicole were helpful, accommodating, and pleasant. There was plenty of parking, and they even have bike rentals on site. The place is vintage and comfortable; we loved it.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled with friends