Tropical Winds was a perfect place for our family. I agree with previous reviews that the place is very basic and a tad run down around the edges. But for us the charm and atmosphere of the place far outweighed these minor concerns. The proprietors are genuine and helpful, but keep a low profile around the place unless you need them. We stayed in a one-bedroom beach cottage. Our unit was clean and comfortable, and met our expectations based on the resort website. The beach units are close together, especially units #8 and #9 which share a porch enclosure. Maybe we just got lucky, but everyone around seemed too peaceful and relaxed to make much noise. The area was perfectly quiet the whole time. (I'm not sure if our neighbors would say the same about our kids, who were pretty thrilled with the whole scene). And as many others have said before - the beach is beautiful and quiet and pretty much right outside your door. Absolute tranquility. We felt so lucky to be removed from the crowded part of the island - we had heard that Sanibel can get very crowded but were still surprised by the degree of traffic congestion in the village. Even biking in that area was challenging at times. Tropical Winds is definitely the place to be if you want to avoid those crowds. With a kitchen in your cottage and Doc Ford's(with it's excellent outdoor patio) just down the road there's really no reason to venture into the gridlock ! The beautiful little swimming pool by the manager's house was also a big hit for us. I think it's the cleanest and cutest resort pool I have ever seen. I just couldn't resist jumping in with the kids. This is a great place !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity.ca and Expedia so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Hotel
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida