My wife and I usually stay at the Signal Inn in Sanibel, but it was unavailable for this trip. Tropical Winds was cheaper and provided very pleasant accomodations, right on the beach -- and a relatively unpopulated part of the beach, with an easy beach walk to Bowman's Beach. The small apartment was clean and pleasant. It had a very enjoyable porch. Air conditioning was just right, as were the ceiling fans in the bedroom and porch. The resort is very pet-friendly. There were chairs for the beach and a great place to wash up after the beach, right outside the cottages. This was a terrific find, and we shall certainly return. Swimming pool is small but very well maintained.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Come experience Sanibel with the charm of Old Style Florida! Located on the sparkling waters of the Gulf of Mexico, on the west end of the island, Tropical Winds is tucked away in a very secluded, private setting within a small residential neighborhood. Enjoy one of our beachfront or nearby cottages in our own tropical paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and TripOnline SA so you can book your Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Hotel Sanibel Island
- Tropical Winds Motel And Cottages
- Tropical Winds Hotel
- Tropical Winds Motel & Cottages Sanibel Island, Florida