“Delicious!”

Great Southern Cafe
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Grand Champion Executive Chef Jim Shirley opened Great Southern Cafe in 2006 in Seaside, FL. This casual restaurant fuses international cuisines with southern cooking using local produce from nearby farms and fresh seafood from the Gulf of Mexico. Here you will find great seafood, steaks, local vegetables, handmade burgers, southern-style breakfast, specialty drinks and so much more. Dine outside on the deck or inside for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
Reviewed February 15, 2018 via mobile

Fantastic food and service! We have been here before on a previous trip to Seaside FL, and everything we have ordered has been excellent!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,527)

Reviewed February 13, 2018

We drove to Seaside for the day and asked a local where we should eat. She recommended a number of places but The Great Southern Cafe sounded perfect for us.
It was a comfortable, sunny day so we opted to sit outside. Beau did a great job of explaining the menu and also informed us that the cafe had been featured in magazines such as Southern Living. The menu had many choices but we decided on Grits à ya ya, Gulf white shrimp, a Mediterranean salad which were all excellent. I was told the shrimp and grits and the hush puppies were the best my lunchmates had ever had. We topped it off with a piece of the key lime pie which was a huge, frothy and delicious.

Reviewed February 9, 2018

The chicken sausage links were the only slightly warm item of my meal .Scrambled eggs tasted like they had been in a pan of cold water for quite awhile.Hash browns were overcooked and cold.My wife ordered the Belgian Waffles with fruit. Fruit was only part of her meal edible, The waffles tasted like they had been re-warmed in the microwave and tasted rubbery.Will not be back soon!
Try Another Broken EGG for an outstanding breakfast

Reviewed January 30, 2018 via mobile

I am a diehard eggs Benedict fan and have high standards!! Am but ashamed to send it back if the eggs are not poached perfectly!! Was not disappointed on this visit—perfect dish, perfect presentation, excellent service!! Highly recommend!!

Reviewed January 23, 2018 via mobile

The food flavors are nice. A definite unique twist on traditional southern. I’ve been several times. Each time have been disappointed to disgusted with the toilets. They need to rework that situation. You can use an old house but the facilities need to be state of the art. Treat the guest with the respect of a clean toilet and an updated, neatly finished restroom. Fix the constant odor problems. It tells he truth about how serious a restaurateur is toward the guest. Atmosphere.
I was there once in summer and it was a living hell. The air was turned off in the entire restaurant. I lost interest in the food. Everything should be geared toward the culinary experience. Maybe they were having trouble with the air at that time. I hope it’s not like that every summer. But that exacerbated the toilet issue even further.
I’ve said this before...if a restroom is neglected by an establishment they may as well consider themselves in the fast food industry. Class it up.

3  Thank worried4u