“Late lunch”

Ranked #409 of 1,165 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

I was recommended to stop here, by a Vietnamese nail salon operator. .. and it is near my home. I am very fond of Vietnamese food
So I stopped in on a Tuesday at around 4:30, I was the only customer, and an hour later there was one other table occupied

The server was extraordinarily apathetic and perhaps it was her nature or the lack of inspiration of the day. Who knows.

I ordered chicken and vegetables in a red curry sauce,
It arrived .. an acceptable portion, with a side serving of white rice, I think it was around $11. My first impression upon the first bite was very salty, and I like salty foods so I went through it but it would be too salty for many. And almost too salty for me... 2nd flavor was Ginger.
Curry was Prob ab ly in there someplace but it wasn't the predominant flavor and it was unrecognizable from other red curry dishes I've had in other Vietnamese restaurants... both in America and in the month I spent in Vietnam
That being said, I ate everything, although I wouldn't order it again. I will admit I was hungry ... Skinny slices of flavorless chicken but swimming in a somewhat flavorful sauce of onions and cauliflower.I crunchy carrots, and some broccoli, not what I expected but ok
The place seems clean, I show a photograph of the inside and also of my food .... the menu offered wine and beer although the server did not.

No one came to check on me or the dish after it was delivered.

Eventually I got the bill.
I will try this place again although I wasn't very impressed
Judging by the other reviews, I'm assuming or hoping that there is more to this restaurant then I experienced on my first visit.
If anything I have said has helped you please issue me a helpful vote. Thank you

Reviewed February 5, 2016

Stopped for Pho and Vietnamese rolls. The soup was really good and so were the rolls well worth the expense.

Reviewed January 14, 2016 via mobile

This is a good restaurant just off the beaten tourist track a few blocks from downtown. The pho is clean and healthful, especially the chicken based version (get with the roasted chicken, which I think is actually fried). The spring rolls are good but the skins were a little tough because they weren't totally soaked properly. Very friendly service, a clean place, and decent parking.

Reviewed January 5, 2016 via mobile

I had lunch at Miss Saigon and the food is very fresh and the restaurant very clean even though it's in a dated shopping center. The menu is misleading on the lunch pricing. A small chicken dish is $10 on the menu but it says lunch pricing is available. They charge the dinner pricing at lunch so beware. Worth a visit but count on $15 a head for lunch.

Reviewed December 31, 2015

We love Vietnamese food and and have found none better in our travels up the down the east coast marketing my art work than that served at Miss Saigon. In the ten or so years that we have frequented this restaurant we have experienced uniformly high levels of quality and service. We consider ourselves fortunate in having relatively nearby so economical and fine a source for Vietnamese cuisine as Miss Saigon.