“Best Vegetarian Pho in the area!!”
Review of Miss Saigon

Miss Saigon
Ranked #406 of 1,153 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$10 - US$15
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed January 22, 2017

The staff are very sweet and welcoming. The fresh spring rolls are large and their peanut sauce is delicious. Their vegetarian lemongrass Pho (#84) is amazing. I have ordered extra broth to go just to drink it later it is that good. Even my meat eating friends will get it sometimes. Also, I normally do not like fortune cookies but theirs have more flavor and are worth eating.

Reviewed May 25, 2016

I really tried to be flexible but I can not. I ordered a Bun Vice dish... a very simple quick dish to prepare...the beef were more like old jerky strips, the shrimp paste was horrible....and I will stop there. I can not recommend this place and the price was a little high. The food was bland and the fish sauce wasn't good like the sauce in San Jose, LA, Atlanta and even Washington DC. I went on a Saturday Evening at about 815PM. Maybe all the fresh food was gone?

Reviewed April 13, 2016 via mobile

I was recommended to stop here, by a Vietnamese nail salon operator. .. and it is near my home. I am very fond of Vietnamese food
So I stopped in on a Tuesday at around 4:30, I was the only customer, and an hour later there was one other table occupied

The server was extraordinarily apathetic and perhaps it was her nature or the lack of inspiration of the day. Who knows.

I ordered chicken and vegetables in a red curry sauce,
It arrived .. an acceptable portion, with a side serving of white rice, I think it was around $11. My first impression upon the first bite was very salty, and I like salty foods so I went through it but it would be too salty for many. And almost too salty for me... 2nd flavor was Ginger.
Curry was Prob ab ly in there someplace but it wasn't the predominant flavor and it was unrecognizable from other red curry dishes I've had in other Vietnamese restaurants... both in America and in the month I spent in Vietnam
That being said, I ate everything, although I wouldn't order it again. I will admit I was hungry ... Skinny slices of flavorless chicken but swimming in a somewhat flavorful sauce of onions and cauliflower.I crunchy carrots, and some broccoli, not what I expected but ok
The place seems clean, I show a photograph of the inside and also of my food .... the menu offered wine and beer although the server did not.

No one came to check on me or the dish after it was delivered.

Eventually I got the bill.
I will try this place again although I wasn't very impressed
Judging by the other reviews, I'm assuming or hoping that there is more to this restaurant then I experienced on my first visit.
If anything I have said has helped you please issue me a helpful vote. Thank you

Reviewed February 5, 2016

Stopped for Pho and Vietnamese rolls. The soup was really good and so were the rolls well worth the expense.

Reviewed January 14, 2016 via mobile

This is a good restaurant just off the beaten tourist track a few blocks from downtown. The pho is clean and healthful, especially the chicken based version (get with the roasted chicken, which I think is actually fried). The spring rolls are good but the skins were a little tough because they weren't totally soaked properly. Very friendly service, a clean place, and decent parking.