Lowest prices for your stay
C$196
Hotels.com
Get rewarded with One Key
Andrew H

Unforgettable stay with exceptional staff

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Apr 13, 2024via mobile
From the moment I arrived at The Tribute Sarasota Modern Hotel, I knew my stay would be nothing short of extraordinary. The modern, sophisticated design and welcoming atmosphere set the stage for an unforgettable experience. What truly elevated my time at this remarkable hotel, however, was the exceptional service provided by the entire team, especially Chelsea, the GM, Jason at the front desk, and the engineer, Serial.

My room was an absolute haven - beautifully appointed, spotlessly clean, and thoughtfully designed for both comfort and style. Every detail, from the plush bedding to the elegant decor, contributed to a sense of modern luxury that left me feeling pampered and relaxed.

The on-site restaurant was a culinary delight, with innovative dishes and delectable cocktails that tantalized my taste buds. Each meal was a testament to the hotel's commitment to providing top-notch dining experiences that leave a lasting impression.

However, it was the personalized and attentive service that truly made my stay exceptional. Jason, at the front desk, went above and beyond to accommodate my every need, making me feel like a cherished family member rather than just a guest. His warmth and genuine care for my well-being were evident in every interaction, and I cannot praise him enough for his outstanding hospitality.

When I had specific requests, Chelsea, the GM, was immediately responsive and put them into action with professionalism and grace. Her dedication to ensuring my satisfaction and comfort made a significant impact on my overall experience. Her leadership was evident in the entire staff's commitment to providing an exceptional guest experience.

The engineer, Serial, was also a pleasure to interact with - polite, professional, and accommodating. He ensured that my room and the entire hotel were maintained to the highest standards, contributing to the hotel's impeccable presentation.

I have had the privilege of staying at many hotels, but The Tribute Sarasota Modern Hotel stands out as one of the best. The combination of a stylish, contemporary atmosphere, outstanding amenities, and exceptional service creates an experience that feels more like being welcomed into a warm, inviting family home than checking into a hotel.

I must give a special mention to Jack, the skilled and personable bartender, who consistently provided impeccable service throughout my stay. His expertise in mixology was evident as he crafted delicious and inventive cocktails that perfectly complemented the flavors of each dish. Jack's warmth and friendliness made me feel right at home, elevating my overall dining experience and contributing to the hotel's inviting atmosphere.

As my time at The Tribute Sarasota Modern Hotel draws to a close, I can honestly say that I don't want to leave. This hotel has exceeded my expectations and redefined what luxury accommodation can be. I cannot recommend it highly enough to anyone seeking an outstanding hotel experience in Sarasota.
Date of stay: April 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Marriott Hotels, Guest Services / Front Office at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this review
Responded Apr 14, 2024
Dear Andrew H,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you found your stay to be nothing short of extraordinary. Our team takes great pride in providing exceptional service, and we are thrilled to know that Jason and Serial made a positive impact on your visit. It is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed the modern design and welcoming atmosphere of our hotel, as well as the comfort and cleanliness of your room. We are glad that our on-site restaurant exceeded your culinary expectations and that Jack's impeccable service added to your dining experience. Your kind words mean the world to us, and we appreciate your recommendation of our hotel to others. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon for another unforgettable stay in Sarasota.

4.6 km from The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
0.3 km from The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
Exterior
0.4 km from The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel
View more hotels in Sarasota
All reviews pool area vw bus wink wink huge balcony front desk ping pong valet parking toasted mango extra towels main street fitness center downtown area beach chairs housekeeping staff full kitchen lido beach siesta key
Selected filters
Reviewed February 19, 2024

What a wonderful property. Clean and quiet. Easy in and out and great location with restaurants walkable. We stayed for a local business conference and their bar was the perfect place for our late night chats. The service was stellar for the whole stay.

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2024

Dear ShannonTarrant,

Thank you for the excellent feedback. It is a pleasure to know your stay was great and that you loved our convenient location and beautiful property. We were delighted to learn that the service provided by our associates surpassed your expectations. We will enjoy sharing your compliments to recognize them for a job well done. We are also glad you had a great time at our bar. We are so happy your conference brought you to The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, and we look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed February 8, 2024

Such a great vibe and super comfortable! I had a fantastic stay at The Modern for a work trip. The service was 5 star and I loved hanging out at the bar at night with friends. Will definitely be staying here again the next time I am in Sarasota—and you should too!

Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2024

Dear 606taylerc,

Thank you for choosing The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, and for your fantastic review. We are pleased you had an excellent stay and that our devoted associates helped to make your visit extra memorable. They continually strive to provide exceptional service, down to the smallest detail, and we will enjoy sharing your kind comments with them. As an architectural fixture of the Rosemary District, our boutique hotel is a place where design and culture come together. We want to ensure that our guests are elevated by new and authentic experiences, and we appreciate you acknowledging our efforts. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed January 14, 2024 via mobile

This modern hotel is located a few blocks from Main Street Sarasota
Rooms are very nice and clean with a balcony.
Britney was very friendly and professional when I arrived. She always reminds me of my Elite Member and gives me an upgrade.
At breakfast, Roger was our server. He was very attentive to what we needed and was super friendly.
Thank you, guys, for all your service. I will be back again and again

Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2024

Dear FerPeruTravel,

Thank you for your loyalty to our brand and for your review. Our ideal location provides our guests with an effortless way to enjoy all downtown Sarasota has to offer, and we are glad you agree! We also appreciate you mentioning our attentive and thoughtful associates. We will be sure to share your remarks with them, especially with Britney and Roger. Thank you again, and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2024

We booked the Sarasota Modern last minute on a road trip through Florida and ended up staying THREE nights instead of just one because we were greeted so warmly by Britney the night we arrived, we felt so comfortable during our stay, the hotel and room were so clean, peaceful, and the pools were so decadent. Did not expect to like this hotel as much as we did and it is a reason to come back to Sarasota. We are already recommending this as a destination to friends and family!
Thank you so much Britney!!!

Room tip: If possible a room with a view of the pool is fabulous!
Date of stay: December 2023
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2024

Dear JoJoBee78,

Thank you for your recent stay at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, and for recommending us to future guests. We seek to provide authentic, thoughtful service, and it is always pleasing to learn that it is making a difference. We will share your generous comments with Britney. Thank you again, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2024 via mobile

Modern
Stayed here a few nights over new years. The property is nice, and lives up to the boutique style. Staff in the Wink Wink restaurant/bar were friendly and Bryce, the bartender, was great at remembering names and favorite drink. We had a few minor service issues and one particularly disappointing experience. Bathroom sink had a slow leak, and we let the front desk know on our first night (out of a 4 night stay), but it wasn’t addressed. Gym water was empty and after requesting it be refilled it didn’t happen by the time I went back the next day.

As a Marriott Bonvoy Titanium member, they refused the guaranteed 4pm late checkout, saying that it is a benefit based on availability, and that they were fully committed on new reservations. I explained that the late check out policy for Gold Bonvoy members is based on availability but for higher level members it is guaranteed for 4pm and offered to show them the terms and conditions on the company web site, but the front desk manager at the time held firm that they only do late checkouts based on availability. She also said they were sold out for the night, despite me doing a mock booking and for one night and seeing many room types available (including the room we were in).

That left a bad taste. Some elite members value upgrades, others value the food and beverage credit. My travel habits make the late checkout very valuable to me, so when a hotel doesn’t comply with the program that they are in, it’s a big disappointment.

Date of stay: December 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank phl08
Team Marriott, Guest Services / Front Office at The Sarasota Modern, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2024

Dear phl08,

Thank you for being a valued Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite member and for taking the time to tell us about your stay with us. We are happy to read your kind remarks about our restaurant staff, and we will relay your compliments to them, particularly Bryce. It is also nice to know you loved our modern property. As an architectural fixture of the Rosemary District, our boutique hotel is a place where design and culture come together.

Having said that, we are sorry for the maintenance issues you encountered and for not being attentive to your requests to replenish water at our fitness center. We have taken proper action, and we will work diligently to ensure we are more consistent in our delivery. Furthermore, we regret not being able to honor your request for a late check-out. We have shared your concerns with the appropriate individuals. We are committed to ensuring that your experience aligns with the expectations of our valued members, and your feedback is instrumental in helping us enhance our services to better meet your membership privileges.

We appreciate your patience and hope you will give us another chance to show you our devotion to providing authentic and welcoming hospitality.