“Quaint and Classy with vegan options” 4 of 5 bubbles

Veg & Grill - A Vegetarian & Seafood Eatery
Ranked #157 of 1,026 Restaurants in Sarasota
Price range: US$7 - US$30
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Serving Breakfast, lunch and dinner. We have something for everyone: Vegetarian, Seafood, vegan, gluten free and regular options all available.
Punta Gorda, Florida
“Quaint and Classy with vegan options”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Went to lunch with my mom (non vegetarian). I am 100% vegan. The atmophere is very nice, more classy than hippie as many other vegetarian places tend to be.

The choice of vegan food was awesome! I got the Tomato Pesto Tofu Sandwhich with a side of fruit that was so yummy. Also ordered a side of hummas and pita that was very good. Great selection for a vegan. My mom had a fish sandwhich (I don't pay attention unless it's vegan) and she loved hers as well. Portion sizes were just right and the prices were on par with other vegan restuarants I have been to.

We will go again here for certain! Nice to see a good veggie restuarant here. The only reason I have it 4 stars and not 5 is becuase it isn't completely vegan.

brooklyn
“Disappointed!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

When I first heard about a restaurant that only served seafood and veggies, I was really excited since that is essentially my diet. But after eating there 3 times (sharing 6 entrees and 2 appetizers), I will have to stick to my usual ethnic places (Asian, Mexican,...) for veggie dining. Some of the sauces were overpowering, and the menu was quite small, so if you don't care for a few of the dishes, you're out of options! And the portions are relatively small for the price, although presented beautifully.

I must be in the minority since Veg is usually quite busy. The place is small, so a reservation during the season is a good idea. But why????

• Visited January 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jaybeeBrooklyn
Lower 48
“My favorite Sarasota restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

Great, creative food. Warm, friendly, attentive service. I've been vegetarian for 25 years, and Indont miss much, but brisket is one of those great childhood memories. The sextant-based "brisket" sandwich here made me want to eat lunch twice in one day.

The seafood is, I'm told, excellent. There's Jewish nostalgia food, like that brisket, matzoh ball soup, and potato latkes (pancakes). But on St. Patricks day we had their corned "beef" and cabbage dinner, which was fun and almost the real thing, so the ethnicity gets spread around.

This place gets my vote for Sarasota's best restaurant.

1 Thank Tangible
Englewood, Florida
“Wonderful vegan and seafood in a great location where other attractions also are found.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2012

We've enjoyed lunch and dinner at the Veg at least 8 times in the past two years and each time we are so satisfied with the menu choices and the friendly service found in this little gem. The Ahi topped salad is great as are all the soups and other salads found on the menue. The food is artfully displayed and yet there is no pretention in the air! While in the area take a short stroll down the strip mall to the Italian Deli or go the other direction to the Scandinavian Gift and Food shops. We can spend a wonderful afternoon or morning in this area and always enjoy the Veg offerings in the midst of it all. Pick up a Danish Kringle while in the Scandinavian Gift and Food shop just down the mall from the Veg.

• Visited January 2012
Austin, Texas
“Delicious Meal and Fabulous Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

What a delightful restaurant to find. I am both vegan and gluten-free, which adds a special challenge -- Veg is most definitely up to that challenge. They mark their gluten-free and vegan items, and are super helpful about it all. I got the cauliflower steak, which was such a unique dish and very tasty. I've never had cauliflower prepared that way (roasted until it melts in your mouth) and with marinara sauce - a winning dish. Because they serve seafood, my entire family was willing to come here, too, and everyone was happy.
Updated from previous review on Saturday March 03, 2012