“Nice Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
globalflyereal
“Nice Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2012

I recently stayed at this property for a four night stay. When I arrived the lobby was completely a mess, but it will be for a good thing as they are renovating. It is only about 2-3 minutes from the wonderful SRQ airport. There is not a lot near the hotel if you do not have a car but the hotel offers a shuttle service. Rooms are standard Hilton Garden Inn rooms with the standard service offerings. I did not have a chance to eat at the hotel although was given free breakfast each day for my HHonours level.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

Also, thanks for your patience with us as we were redoing our lobby and restaurant/bar. We're very excited about the finished product. The bar and restaurant are now much more open and inviting, and offer a better mix of space and seating for individual guests as well as groups. … Hope to see you again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
  • Turkish first
Iowa City, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2012

I came for a conference, was joined by my 89 year old dad and sister, and found the hotel everything I could have asked for, including ground floor accessible room. There was a good enough restaurant to have room service when we were exhausted, a nice breakfast restaurant with choices of hot or cold food, helpful desk staff, guest laundry, shuttle to here and there, and friendly smiles.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 6 April 2012
Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. It was a pleasure accommodating you and your family. We'll be sure to share your comments with our housekeeping and restaurant staff. We hope to see you again soon, or if you're attending the next biennial conference.
Wailea, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2012

Overall, a very good hotel. The location was great, very convenient to the airport and easy parking. The clerk at check in was pleasant and my room key and room info was already prepared and I was through the check in process (including getting my complimentary waters) in about 90 seconds, which I appreciated. While the room is starting to show some wear especially with the carpet, I found the room perfectly clean, the sheets and towels white and soft, and the scent fresh. I don't like it when the fan on the air conditioner cycles on and off all night...the constant fan setting was not available, which made sleep more difficult, though the hotel was quiet, otherwise. Breakfast was adequate, again, typical of what one would expect at HGI. I'd not hesitate to return if I needed a convenient airport hotel in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Popovova,
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. We're glad to hear that you won't hesitate to return the next time you're in the area.

In the meantime, I'd like to address the issue about the fan. All rooms should allow you the option of keeping the fan on, rather than having the air cycle on and off. If you could give me a call and help me identify your particular room, I'd greatly appreciate. … Thanks again.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

Excellent service! Bartender is very friendly and efficient!!! Minutes from 75 and blocks from the airport. Centrally located and a great place to stay!!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Born2travelll
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 11 March 2012
Thanks for your feedback, and recognizing one of our bartenders! I look forward to sharing your comments with our Food & Beverage Director.
Raleigh, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

I'm a Silver HH member. I briefly visited Sarasota overnight for a wedding. I chose this hotel for its proximity to the airport and the wedding site. The whole place needs to shut down for a week and undergo a spring cleaning; high guest turn-over is obvious in the general dirtiness. The staff was generally amicable but lacked the overt/above-and-beyond hospitality I've grown appreciative of at Hilton; they neglected to hand out any of the bridal party arrival packages, and when I showed up at 9:58am and attempted to grab a banana from the breakfast lobby the staffer scolded me saying I owed her $2.13 since breakfast was over at 10:00...FOR A BANANA!? There are no quality dining establishments beaches within walking distance and the hotel shuttle has only a 5 mi radius. What you save on your hotel you'll quickly pay for transit service to Sarasota's top attractions: Siesta Key, Longboat Key, St. Aramand's Circle, downtown etc. Next time I visit Sarasota, I'll choose the pricer Hilton near these places...

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 5 March 2012
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.

Unfortunately, while downtown, the Ringling Museum, Selby Gardens, etc. are within our shuttle range, our hotel, along with all our Hilton properties in the area, does not have shuttle transportation to Siesta Key, Longboat Key, and St. Aramand’s Circle. Our area actually has somewhat of a shortage of major braded hotels on the water. Siesta Key in particular does not have any branded hotels on the island.

Your comments about the upkeep of the lobby this past weekend are duly noted. With so many daily departures, arrivals, guests tracking in water after coming out of the poll, etc., keeping up with the lobby was a major challenge. We have since addressed this issue by scheduling more attendants to keep up the appearance of our public areas during peak season.

If you have any further feedback, or if I can assist you in planning your next trip to Sarasota, please give me a call directly any time.
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2012

Things started rough, service was lacking and not up top the standards I expect from Hilton. The front desk attendant was new and does not know "Hilton Service" yet, and the housecleaning staff came into my room without knocking. David the manager was great and did everything right to make up for the rough start. Mistakes were made and David made it right. If you come to this property and feel that you deserve better service, ask for the manager, he will do everything he can to make the trip work. I am looking forward to my next time at the property.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Michigan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2012

I traveled to the Hilton Garden Inn for one night in February for business purposes. It was a very nice property the two women working the front desk in the morning were lovely and very friendly. I love Hilton Garden Inns and love the Hilton family of hotels in geneal, but there was one thing that bothered me about this hotel. I don't know if it was the same housekeeper of two different housekeepers but this person tried to get into my room at 8:30 am without knocking or saying "housekeeping", and then did the same thing at 9:30 am. Appearently, the housekeeping key can unlock the deadbolt but I also had the latched locked up as well so she just went on to the next room. I am a young woman traveling alone and have no problem with housekeeping asking to come into the room, but I was shocked they tried to enter without knocking or saying anything two times. What if I didn't have the latch locked up?

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jennylynn24
HGISarasota, David Alexander, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Sarasota - Bradenton Airport, responded to this review, 22 February 2012
Thank you for your feedback about your recent stay.

We appreciate your kind words about our morning front desk staff, and will share your comments with their manager.

I'm surprised to read your comments about the entry into your room, and highly apologize. All staff and managers are required to knock and announce before entering rooms with absolutely no exception, even when we expect the room to be vacant. This should be common sense; but we'll use this opportunity to remind all staff about the importance of knocking and announcing to make sure this does not happen again.