“Yummy in the Tummy”
Review of The Orange Octopus

The Orange Octopus
Ranked #2 of 49 Dessert in Sarasota
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This old fashioned, family owned coffee and ice cream shop is located in Captain Curt's Village a few hundred yards south of the Stickney point (south bridge). It is beside the bike and kayak rental shop. They are super friendly and have a gourmet coffee bar, 24 flavors of hand churned, homemade ice cream. It is my favorite local coffee shop! I've never left disappointed.
Reviewed September 7, 2017

I had two scoops, one strawberry cheesecake and the other salty caramel in a waffle cone. It was super yummy!! My husband had toasted coconut and one other also in a waffle cone and his was delicious too!! It was the perfect accompaniment for a late night stroll on the beach.

Date of visit: September 2017

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We cannot miss a visit to the Orange Octopus anytime we are in Siesta Key. By far, this is the best ice cream! Our favorites include the Sea Salt Caramel, Toasted Coconut, and Cotton Candy!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Delicious and the kids loved it! Staff was very helpful and the options were abundant. A repeat visit type of place.

Reviewed August 29, 2017 via mobile

The Orange Octopus is in walking distance from The Tropical Beach Resorts. We stopped in for ice cream one night. We ordered the toasted coconut ice cream and the gator tracks in waffle cones. 2 scoops were more than enough, I couldn't finish all of mine. You can sit inside in the A/C or on the outside benches. They do have parking outfront. The are located in the little strip mall behind Captain Kirk's Oyster Bar. All the staff was very friendly. They also serve coffee and have a bathroom. We can't wait to bring the kids back next time we come!!

Reviewed August 17, 2017 via mobile

I don't know how we missed this gem of an ice cream shop in the plaza behind Captain Curt's in the past few years! There are about 1 1/2 dozen flavors to choose from. I tried both toasted coconut & butter pecan & my taste buds were quite pleased. ;)