“Cute and worth the trip”
Review of The Orange Octopus

The Orange Octopus
Ranked #2 of 47 Dessert in Sarasota
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This old fashioned, family owned coffee and ice cream shop is located in Captain Curt's Village a few hundred yards south of the Stickney point (south bridge). It is beside the bike and kayak rental shop. They are super friendly and have a gourmet coffee bar, 24 flavors of hand churned, homemade ice cream. It is my favorite local coffee shop! I've never left disappointed.
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Super tasty ice cream -- we tried several different places in and around Sarasota and this one was the best. Homemade flavors and great service. Nice place to sit too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

One of the best chocolate peanut butter ice creams I have had and I've tried many! They had some unique favors too like Kentucky Bourbon that my husband tried. You can definitely tell that this is homemade. 2 thumbs up for sure!

Reviewed September 7, 2017

I had two scoops, one strawberry cheesecake and the other salty caramel in a waffle cone. It was super yummy!! My husband had toasted coconut and one other also in a waffle cone and his was delicious too!! It was the perfect accompaniment for a late night stroll on the beach.

Reviewed September 3, 2017 via mobile

We cannot miss a visit to the Orange Octopus anytime we are in Siesta Key. By far, this is the best ice cream! Our favorites include the Sea Salt Caramel, Toasted Coconut, and Cotton Candy!

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Delicious and the kids loved it! Staff was very helpful and the options were abundant. A repeat visit type of place.