“Yum ”
Review of The Orange Octopus

The Orange Octopus
Ranked #2 of 48 Dessert in Sarasota
Dining options: After-hours
Description: This old fashioned, family owned coffee and ice cream shop is located in Captain Curt's Village a few hundred yards south of the Stickney point (south bridge). It is beside the bike and kayak rental shop. They are super friendly and have a gourmet coffee bar, 24 flavors of hand churned, homemade ice cream. It is my favorite local coffee shop! I've never left disappointed.
Reviewed October 12, 2017 via mobile

Every ice cream flavor I’ve tried is delicious. My favorite though, is a Dutch chocolate/ coffee ice cream shake. I think it’s 5 scoops total (3/2). The best bargain, and a great shake!!

Reviewed October 11, 2017 via mobile

Great place to top off the evening with fresh squeezed orange over vanilla ice cream it was great. My wife liked the coconut one though. Two thumbs up!

Reviewed October 2, 2017

My first visit to the Orange Octopus was for coffee in the morning - which turned into a few "tastes" of ice cream (encouraged by very friendly server, Karen),which were amazing! Located in the strip plaza behind Capt. Curt's, OO became my daily indulgence during my week stay and the Kentucky Honey Bourbon Ice Cream was definitely a favorite! I also enjoyed the strawberry smoothier! Thanks Karen for turning my coffee into a daily treat! I did make a suggestion while visiting that they add chocolate chip (small, milk chocolate, please) to their ice cream inventory. Hope to see that next year!

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

Super tasty ice cream -- we tried several different places in and around Sarasota and this one was the best. Homemade flavors and great service. Nice place to sit too. Highly recommend!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

One of the best chocolate peanut butter ice creams I have had and I've tried many! They had some unique favors too like Kentucky Bourbon that my husband tried. You can definitely tell that this is homemade. 2 thumbs up for sure!