“Great Service, food can be hit or miss”
Review of Jack Dusty

Jack Dusty
Reserve a table
Sun, 07-21
20:00
Ranked #80 of 1,150 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Experience vibrant waterfront seafood dining and craft cocktails at Jack Dusty. Blending a wide array of dining options with Sarasota, Florida's vibrant cultural lifestyle, our restaurant is ideal for even the most discerning palates.
Reviewed September 12, 2016

Jack Dusty is a family favourite - and for myself, its a hit or miss. My favourite thing at Jack Dusty's is their Naval Brown Bread with Rum Butter - especially when it comes piping hot from the oven (I was served this bread when it was burnt too - not so good). I am also a huge fan of their doughnut holes - the dough is nice chewy texture. It looks like they have changed the menu - but I also really enjoyed their waffle and fried chicken.

Date of visit: March 2016

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Very nice place. Great options especially the brunch.

Salmon was Delish. Omelette were very flavorful.

Ok now for the reality. 5 bucks for an average tasting coffee was overpriced.

Omelette bar at the brunch had options but 34 for brunch is excessive.

If it's included in your stay go to this place if not opt for other options.

Reviewed September 12, 2016 via mobile

Booked the Ritz for a weekend get away.

Great place to and location. Having pool marina side is nice but the Beach club is the place to be.

Spent 2 days at the beach the sand was soft but had a large number of shells. Wear beach shoes.

Great club house and fantastic service.

Drinks and food were a bit pricy but it's to be expected at a Beach Club.

Check in was nice sadly there was a few mix ups with the room but Eric took good care of us.

Worth every penny.

Reviewed September 10, 2016

I've always had an impression of the Ritz being stuffy - any Ritz. Well, last night I got a lesson in not only fine-dining, but hospitality. I was so wrong - From the valet to everybody on staff, it couldn't have been a nicer experience and that was before we even got to the restaurant.

Now, let's talk about what I consider one of the finest dinners I've ever had...ANYWHERE. Chef Jay Norris is knocking it out of the park and has created what I'm going to call Sarasota's very best restaurant.

The experience starts with the wait-staff and they don't come any better than "Jeremy". In fact, his suggestions were spot on with everything we had. So often we take for granted what a terrific waiter/waitress can do, but Jeremy was more like a guide.

We started with Ceviche and along with it came some incredible bread. I don't know how to describe their regular bread - which comes as a tribute to the chefs on sailboats long since past. It's freshly baked in a can and almost like dessert. What added to the bread course, and yes, it's so good I'm calling it a course, is freshly baked gluten-free rolls for my wife. Having Celiac it's a great experience when you find a restaurant with a kitchen that understands.

Sheila had their Kale and butternut squash salad and I went for the caesar - again, both were outstanding. Seriously, we were like the judges on "Iron Chef" when they get something remarkable - layers of flavors and all smiles as we bounced back and forth sharing each others dishes.

For our main course - I had a 12 oz bone-in Kurabota Pork chop - it had a mostarda fig topping and was served on a bed of caramelized brussels sprouts cooked with pancetta. My wife had the tenderloin served on a bed of mashed beets and mushrooms. I've included a couple of pictures, but they don't do either entree justice.

We finished off dinner sitting out on the patio watching the sunset with snifters of an outstanding vintage rum.

This is probably one of the longest reviews I've ever shared - but Jack Dusty's so deserves it. Here's the thing for me, I've spent my life traveling all over the world, mostly for business. During that time we've eaten in some of the finest restaurants in the world and last night's dinner topped them all! It was without question one of the best dinners with the most relaxed and comfortable atmosphere I've ever experienced.

Put Jack Dusty's on your Best of Sarasota list and then give Chef Jay a chance to show you what his team can do. Next visit I've already decided I'm going for the whole snapper!

Reviewed August 28, 2016

I stayed at the Ritz Carlton Hotel Sarasota . Great gym! I go to FL twice a year, and I always order grouper. This year it has been tough to get, and when I did get it; it was very thin and small. At Jack Dusty in the Ritz hotel, the grouper is hot, delicious, thick and perfectly cooked. What a delicious meal! In addition, the meal was served by Carl. He was well informed on the food, he gave choices on how to personalize it to me, and he is a nice guy. I had one of the best dinners I ever had. I am going back.

Date of visit: August 2016