“I think this is one of my favorite restaurants anywhere!”

Chianti Ristorante Italiano
Ranked #104 of 1,164 Restaurants in Sarasota
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Italian food is my favorite food. I've eaten in Italian restaurants all over the world, but I think my favorite is Chianti's in Sarasota. I ate there again last night and after leaving came to the realization I love the place. Every time I have eaten there the food has been perfect, not the same each time - not like a chain restaurant, more like grandma's or maybe grandpa's place. And the staff makes you feel like part of the family. The place is large, but not overly so. The bartender knows his trade and has a great personality. Last night we had a waitress that was new to us - but funny, attentive and generally nice. We had a great time. With luck I'll be back again and again.

1  Thank FJ F

Reviewed September 15, 2017 via mobile

Ok, so Friday night, in the mood for great Italian cuisine? Chianti!
Freddie was terrific. Food was fantastic and presented so well. So close to home and so authentic. A must dine. Don't let the strip mall fool you! Great atmosphere, like an older NY restaurant.

1  Thank kingschlappyshlappy
Reviewed August 8, 2017

Great early bird till 6.30.with lots of specials.
Food great.
Service great.
Price great.
Decor great.
Highly recommend.

1  Thank luassudipal
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Go here if you want authentic Italian food. Whatever anyone says about service or ambiance is just superfluous, if you appreciate real Italian cooking you expect a bit of drama... Just like being at Mama's on Sunday night.

1  Thank P-Falito
Reviewed July 9, 2017 via mobile

I absolutely love fine Italian food. Chianti exceeded my expectations. It was amazing. Along with great service, the food was phenomenal. We shared two extraordinary pasta dishes, one lamb ragu and the other was a pappardelle pasta with shrimp and mushrooms. Incredible. It's a must dine!

1  Thank kingschlappyshlappy