“Can't wait to return”

Ranked #37 of 49 Hotels in Sarasota
Lebanon, pa
“Can't wait to return”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

The location, the price, the ambience were all superior. We had a wonderful time and can hardly wait to return. The staff was accomodating and the pool made a wonderful place to relax and visit with our guests. The accomodations had everything we needed. The bed was sagging and I wish it had a mattress pad for hygiene's sake. The room got sandy and we had no mop or bucket to clean up only a tiny broom. Otherwise, it was perfect.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Lexington, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

The location is excellent, but the rooms were adequate, at best. The unit was dark, supplies were sparse and the bath towels so worn that you were lucky to get dry after a shower. Frying pans were very worn out, there is no dishwasher and cleaning supplies were inadequate. Since there were no rugs, it was very noisy when chairs were dragged in another unit.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank goldie1040
Baltimore
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2011

If you are looking for a front desk or management, this is not the place for you. If you're looking for a cozy room within walking distance to the beach and downtown Lido Key, you've found a great spot. I stayed in a small room by myself. I was a little skeptical when arriving but you can't beat the location or the price. The bedroom was a little cramped, with the table and microwave in the closet. The bathroom did have signs of mildew and guests should probably shower with flip flops on. It was acceptable for a 1-3 night stay, but I wouldn't reccommend staying much longer. If staying longer than 3 days, even if you're alone, it might be a good idea to book a bigger sized room.

Room Tip: If staying longer than 3 days, book a bigger room.
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2011

My wife and I stayed for three (3) nights at 4B room with the suite. The Kitchen's stove oven is not working for the bake before we already bought the grocery. The Kitchen's pans are dirty. Complained to call Dan (owner) about not working the WiFi (internet). He said he will come, right now but never. Next day, He said the WiFi was fixed & working but did not work. No WiFi via the internet for three nights. We will not come that motel, again!!!!! WiFi's wep password is (--).....

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank J B S
Lidoislander, Owner at Lido Islander, responded to this review, 6 January 2012
Thank you for sharing you observations and comments. During your stay, it appears that we had some communication problems since you were using a voice relay system. Regarding the oven, you informed the property manager the last night of your 3 day stay. We sent someone to look at the stove, once we saw that the burner could not be repaired, we ordered a brand new oven. Since you were leaving the next day and due to the fact it was a couple of days before the holidays, the stove was not delivered the next day but took two days to be delivered. Regarding the wifi the password is all lower case letters, the welcoming letter states this, also I informed you of this over the phone. It appears that you were not aware of this and were typing the password in all upper case letters. Sorry that you encountered these issues and thank you for your comments.

Travellers are raving about these Sarasota hotels

Gurnee, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2011

First of all, I cannot imagine what people want from a beach rental if they gave this place a poor review. Its a beach rental, not a hotel with a front desk. Contact the owners with an e-mail or phone call before you go. We just stayed there this past weekend for 3 nights and were extremely satisfied. We had the 1 bedroom suite, and it was like staying in a condo/ 1 bedroom apartment. It was extremely clean and well furnished and decorated. It had everything we needed except shampoo, but we didn't look for any in the supply area. The welcome letter and binder in the room spelled everything out, where to find things/supplies, what to do if we had questions, how to use the wireless internet, what to do at check out, etc.
We were there for a wedding where almost everyone else stayed at the Holiday Inn about 2 blocks away. Our walk was short to the hotel and to the beach and to St. Armands circle. Much shorter than we thought. The Lido Islander is surrounded by mansions and we felt very safe walking around. Its definately not one of the crazy touristy beach areas like Holmes beach to the north. Much more subdued and classy.
An in-law stayed at a nearby beach rental and ours was cheaper and much much nicer. I even liked ours better than the Holiday Inn because we had a full kitchen and living room and the Holiday Inn's lobby smelled musty and ours was half the price.
I plan on staying here again next time we come to the area. You cannot beat the location, accomodations and price combination.
My only complaint is the firmness of the bed. I tend to like softer mattresses and it was EXTREMELY firm. But I still slept well.

Room Tip: I'm not sure what the studio rooms are like, but the 1-2 bedroom suites were excellent. Pay the...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Wyoming, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2011

The rooms are exactly as photo'd, the location and price get be beat, but don't expect much from the management. They've proven themselves to unprofessional. I did not like that it took 3 days for Daniel to get back with us about a simple request of getting the WiFi code. They place it on the sheet of paper they ask you to fill out, then return to the mail box. We made a verbal deal in June that was very different from the total bill we got on our credit card. It been 10 days already of trying to get a receipt just to understand the taxes and fees to see if they add up. Talked with a women two days ago who said she'd send the receipt, we have not gotten it yet. Things that should be common sense and common business courtesy is ignored by the owners. No sense of customer service at all. Its a great place, but book through a third party so you know what your cost will be.

Room Tip: Guest rooms was nice for our 20 something son, the suites are the way to go. Both are well worth the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Orlando, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 September 2011

I cant compain about the room, it was tastefully decorated and clean for the most part. (the floor looked like it had not ben moped in a while since I had white socks on and after walking from the room to the kitchen a few times noticed they were no longer white.) We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment with everything in the kitchen included (all it needed was a cutting table). The only thing I found strange is that there is no front desk. We came to check in and found a little note where the room was going to be and the code to the keylock (where they keep the room keys.) I tried to call the phone numbers they give you (in case you need to contact someone) and no one ever picks up. We need to extend our checkout and didnt have a way to get in contact with anyone. The morning of check out at 830 am I was sitting in the livingroom and I hear someone trying to open the front door, I check and it was housekeeping, they said "Im sorry I was trying to check if the room was empty." I didnt understand, as most places would call out "housekeeping" when they are trying to do that. I asked her about the late check out and let her know the problems I was having contacting someone and she said "well what do you expect they live in Iowa and they are a few hrs behind there, wait a bit and try again" I dont understand this, how could there not be a local person in charged of the rooms???? We ended up leaving to a different hotel since no one ever returned our call. Aside from this the area is great and very close to the beach, it was wonderful!!!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family