“Continues to impress me with every trip!!!”
Review of Family Inn

Family Inn
Ranked #46 of 51 Hotels in Sarasota
Reviewed 16 May 2016

As a Med student in the area I'm on the go and typically on the go all day. Family Inn always has me in the same room with a nice welcome basket waiting for me.

I commute from the East to West Coast every week and the owner understands this about me. He even went as far as giving me his personal number to let him know when I'm coming into town. I've stayed and many of the hotels in the area, since starting school and hands down they have topped them all.

Update: Family Inn has begun renovated the rooms! On the outside it looks like apart of the neighborhood, but with the new flooring, updated bathrooms, and bedding it is a definite diamond of a find at a great price, when compared to some of the others I've been too! I will say, there isn't a breakfast in the morning which I'm not use to, but the price makes up for it in the end. It's worth the trip every week.

I will continue to book my stays at Family Inn until graduation next year. Thank you for making my stays better than expected.

Room Tip: Room 103 is my pick every stay!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 March 2016

Had read reviews but thought after a year they would have made improvements, BIG mistake! There were roaches on the wall, paint peeling around bathroom door, no switch plate for light switch, blinds did not close properly and no curtains. After that took my bags to car and returned key to say not staying there and why. Found a nice room across the street at Quality Inn for same price that included breakfast.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2015

If you want to be eaten alive stay at this hotel. My husband and I had the most horrible experience of our lives. As you enter the smell of mold with a mixture of cigarette smoke hits you. The floors are dirty, bathroom tub rusty, cracked and the faucet falling apart. The toilet seat to small for the toilet bowl,, when u sit on the toilet it shakes and I'm 125lbs. Omg we were fighting with bed bugs and roaches from the moment we got into the bed. Bed bugs were all over us, only one channel works on the TV, no remote, night lamp constantly flicking. We finally went to front office to make complaints and didn't get proper response. Into our 1st half hour the bed bugs were coming out of the bed by their large numbers, we couldn't take it anymore and pack our stuff up. We took a few bugs up to the front office and ask for our money back. They decided to give us 50% of our money in return for the proof. We took it and RAN!!! You better off sleeping in homeless shelter or your car! It's horrible! The health department needs to shut this drainfield down.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
6  Thank Patrick R
Reviewed 25 August 2014

this place is nasty
badly taken care of
and overly priced
the maid sneaks around and goes into people's rooms and harasses them for room money instead of the manager.
They rig every thing that is messed up for example our shower was clogging and all they did was use a hanger and not a real snake
there are drug dealers,pimps,hookers etc

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank memberandvisitor
Reviewed 4 April 2012

Please dont go to this Hotel its too expensive and its a horrible place i hate this place its unsafe a lot insects no air conditioner the wifi dont working the beds are a piece of s...... if you dont find another one come back to home or stay in your car its better

Room Tip: A lot of Good hotels in this area just dont go to Family INN
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Karla V
A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2005

This is the most disgusting hotel I have ever stayed in. The Department of Health should be notified of this filthy place. There was black mold in the room, the sheets were obviously not cleaned (very well) and it was obviously not safe and very expensive.

• Stayed: February 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Cincinnati, OH
Reviewed 12 May 2005

I had the extreme misfortune of staying at the Family Inn in Feb. of 2005. There was a problem with reservations at our "real" hotel and this was the only place available during the peak "spring training" time in Sarasota. There was a large patch of black mold in the bathroom. The motel itself was filthy and worst of all, I did NOT feel safe. My girlfriend and I were "eyeballed" by the seedy characters drinking near the parking lot. There were no deadbolts. The doors could have been un-locked by a key from the outside. We slept very little before getting up about 5:00 am and taking a nap on the beach. This was by far, the worst, place I have ever stayed. I would sleep in my car before I ever stayed here again.

12  Thank A TripAdvisor Member