Family Inn
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$148
US$139
US$195
HotelIndigo.com
Comfort Suites Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$99
Knights Inn Sarasota(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$75
Hotel Ranola(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$139
US$99
US$93
US$79
Regency Inn & Suites(Sarasota)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$167
  • Pool
US$489
US$459
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 February 2017 via mobile

The room was clean, recently updated bathroom. Television with cable channels and WiFi. The manager was lovely and helpful and the maid came each day (while I was out) with fresh towels and removed trash.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 September 2016 via mobile

I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to cheap hotels but this one isn't worth more than $25 dollars. The tv was old no power to the two lamps in the room and the one outlet was falling apart a fire waiting to happen. It had a neat faucet in the sink I found neat and the bed was nice. Could not get access to the wifi from the room. Pay the extra for a better hotel.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Blah B
Reviewed 16 May 2016

As a Med student in the area I'm on the go and typically on the go all day. Family Inn always has me in the same room with a nice welcome basket waiting for me.

I commute from the East to West Coast every week and the owner understands this about me. He even went as far as giving me his personal number to let him know when I'm coming into town. I've stayed and many of the hotels in the area, since starting school and hands down they have topped them all.

Update: Family Inn has begun renovated the rooms! On the outside it looks like apart of the neighborhood, but with the new flooring, updated bathrooms, and bedding it is a definite diamond of a find at a great price, when compared to some of the others I've been too! I will say, there isn't a breakfast in the morning which I'm not use to, but the price makes up for it in the end. It's worth the trip every week.

I will continue to book my stays at Family Inn until graduation next year. Thank you for making my stays better than expected.

Room Tip: Room 103 is my pick every stay!
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 March 2016

Had read reviews but thought after a year they would have made improvements, BIG mistake! There were roaches on the wall, paint peeling around bathroom door, no switch plate for light switch, blinds did not close properly and no curtains. After that took my bags to car and returned key to say not staying there and why. Found a nice room across the street at Quality Inn for same price that included breakfast.

Stayed: March 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 May 2015

If you want to be eaten alive stay at this hotel. My husband and I had the most horrible experience of our lives. As you enter the smell of mold with a mixture of cigarette smoke hits you. The floors are dirty, bathroom tub rusty, cracked and the faucet falling apart. The toilet seat to small for the toilet bowl,, when u sit on the toilet it shakes and I'm 125lbs. Omg we were fighting with bed bugs and roaches from the moment we got into the bed. Bed bugs were all over us, only one channel works on the TV, no remote, night lamp constantly flicking. We finally went to front office to make complaints and didn't get proper response. Into our 1st half hour the bed bugs were coming out of the bed by their large numbers, we couldn't take it anymore and pack our stuff up. We took a few bugs up to the front office and ask for our money back. They decided to give us 50% of our money in return for the proof. We took it and RAN!!! You better off sleeping in homeless shelter or your car! It's horrible! The health department needs to shut this drainfield down.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family