All reviews art deco whole foods main street full kitchen downtown sarasota small apartment dressing room fantastic boutique hotel dressing area within walking distance burns court lock box well equipped kitchen sitting area modern furniture few minutes walk an older building
Reviewed April 14, 2018

Comfortable, quiet, convenient. Has it's own flavor. The rooms are huge. The kitchen is useful. The bath tub is deep. Large closets I you need to hang up things like wedding dresses. There is no bar at the hotel but there are a million good places to eat and drink in the area. It is not inexpensive but I think it is reasonably priced.I really liked that we never saw any hotel staff.

Stayed: April 2018
Reviewed April 5, 2018

Recently stayed here for one night. Good position close to plenty of bars and restaurants and near to water front. As well as the bedroom there's a small kitchenette, dressing area and bathroom. Plenty of free parking opposite. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Even got given a bar of chocolate on checking out!

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank llamacalmer
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at boutique hotels in NYC, San Fran., Orlando, and this one topped them all. I prefer to have more than just a single hotel room when traveling, and this place delivers. Also, easy to book online, email sent with instructions on how to get in after hours (key in lock box with my first name on it) Clean, clean, clean. Booked a queen and had King bed. Close to everything in downtown and the inter coastal. Map of the area with recommend places to eat in my room. Didn’t hear much from other guests from the wood floors. Has window AC, so don’t let that stop you from staying here.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fl5becks
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Hotel Ranola is a great hotel nestled in downtown Sarasota. The staff contacted me before my arrival informing of me where to pick up the key (if arriving after 3pm) and to ask if I needed anything before my arrival. The staff on site was just as nice and you could tell they wanted you to be as comfy as possible.

The room feels more like an apartment and has tons of space. I wouldn’t say it’s a modern look but it’s definitely charming and you feel like you are staying with friends. Everything was super clean and the hot water was excellent.

The location is great and you can pretty much walk to any place you want downtown, they have private parking in the back to give you piece of mind as well.

The only real negative is that the hotel is from the 1920s so you don’t get much sound insulation from your fellow hotel goers, but by 10 or 11 everyone seems to be settled in.

Highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 11, 2018 via mobile

This isn’t a typical US hotel - it’s much more reminiscent of a Parisian hotel - Art Deco included. It’s very comfortable. It’s clean, cool (air con) and the water is hot and plentiful. What really sets it apart are the staff - they are the most helpful and pleasant I have ever come across. Nothing is too much trouble for them. The hotel is very well positioned, a few minutes walk from bars and restaurants and the downtown area. I would recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if you are looking for somewhere that differs from corporate hotel land.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple