The hotel is situated on a fabulous sandy beach. There are two very nice heated swimming pools. The bar staff were very friendly and the pianist/singer in the bar was an excellent musician. That's where the positives end.
We were allocated a room with a view of the concrete car park . It was accessed by a walkway. One night were woken at 1am by an argument taking place outside our bedroom window. The room itself was clean but the furniture was from circa 1980. The TV and the fridge were not much newer, though both worked. The sink was in the room. The bathroom contained a bath and a lavatory. There was mould growing in the bathroom on the wall and under the overflow in the bath. If you can afford it (our 'no view' room cost £122.77 without breakfast) the sea view rooms looked like they might have been renovated more recently and had bathrooms facing the walkway, and bedrooms on the back, so less chance of being disturbed. They also boast a fantastic sea view. We didn't eat at the restaurant so we can't comment on that except to say that it looked expensive. We did have a drink in the bar ($8 dollars for a Bourbon) .
When we arrived we asked if it was possible to move to a room without the concrete outlook, we were told the hotel was full when clearly it was not. Had we not booked and paid in advance we would not have stayed here. There are a lot of good hotels in this area, this is not one of them!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A tropical paradise at the Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach in Sarasota, FloridaSandcastle Resort at Lido Beach has a relaxing sunny resort flavor, with a storybook seaside setting on a 600 foot strand of private, natural white sand beach on the Gulf of Mexico.Sun. Sand. Swaying Palm Trees. And Great Service, Too. You'll be treated to thoughtful touches, such as a morning newspaper and a small refrigerator for chilling beverages and snacks. Free wifi is also available throughout the property. Plus the pleasures of outdoor dining for both breakfast and lunch are virtually right outside your door. What's more, our recreation staff can provide personalized sailing lessons. There's a convenient Gift Shop on premises and we're within easy walking distance of popular St. Armands Circle, with its fine shopping and entertainment attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Sandcastle Resort at Lido Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Helmsley Sandcastle Sarasota
- Sarasota Helmsley Sandcastle
- Helmsley Sandcastle Hotel Sarasota
- Sandcastle Resort At Lido Beach Sarasota, Florida