“Slightly older, but comfortable”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Shalimar
Flint, Michigan
“Slightly older, but comfortable”
Reviewed 12 May 2012 via mobile

Ifs here is a reason the Fairfield is rated number 1 of 1 - there is nothing else around. That is, of course, you're headed to the beach.

However, if you have business on Eglin, it's your best bet. Located 3 miles away, the Fairfield is a slightly older hotel (15 years or so) but the rooms have all been refurbished within the last 5 years.

The linens were clean and soft, and the air conditioner worked efficeiently.

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Furious_storm

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Port Richey, Florida
Reviewed 23 April 2012

The rooms are very comfortable and the location was a plus for me. Everyone is very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. My only real complaint is that it's a little pricey for the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 13 April 2012

We have Stayed at the Fairfield inn & suites for the first time in Fort Walton. Opon our arrivel we were greeted by the friendly staff. Very nice lady at the front desk. Was very helpful & nice. But the only inconviense was the room! We were 4 people staying In the room we expected more. The room was the size of my home's bathroom maybe. We had 2 children with us so they needed more space to run around and maybe breath! So that's all they need to upgrade not the service just the shoebox of a hotel room!!!!

Room Tip: Always with children choose a bigger suite.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 3 March 2012

Reviewed February 7, 2012
I spent two weeks here. For the most part, service was good. Some days housekeeping didn't replace my towels or bathmat and twice they left sheets laying on my table. Not sure if they were going to change my sheets and forgot. Most of the front desk staff is friendly, but some not so much. Breakfast was what I come to expect from Fairfield. Waffles, Jimmy Dean sandwiches (ATTN Food Orderer: there are different types of Jimmy Dean sandwiches. How about switching up once in a while?), fruit, oatmeal, cereal, yogurt, etc. I wondered one night why road noise was a problem until I saw that my window wouldn't lock and wasn't closed properly. Daniela is a cutie. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed at this hotel for 1 night April 29, 2011. The room was a decent size with very high ceilings. The AC did not work properly as it made noises and started blowing warm air. We left our room for a bit and when we returned, the issue was fixed. There was a noise coming from the vent in the bathroom as well. The hotel was clean and our room was clean as well. IMO, those issues were minor and were dealt with quickly. The staff was kind but not overly friendly as one reviewer stated. Overall, it's a decent hotel and if I had to stay here again, I would.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Florida
Reviewed 7 February 2012

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
New Hampshire
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We checked in to this hotel for a 3 night stay at the end of December. We booked here because we got a very good deal, not realizing how far it was from the action. The staff is fine, but I can't say they made an impression on me. No one was overly friendly. We stayed in a king room, which was extremely small. You could barely walk around the sides of the bed. The bathroom on the other hand, was very roomy. Go figure. No upgrades available despite our Marriott Platinum status. The room was clean upon arrival and the breakfast was sufficient. We weren't at the hotel much so I can't speak for the other amenities. Overall, if you need a cheap place to sleep this is fine, but if you are looking to be close to beaches, shopping, etc., I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank honeybee603
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shalimar
1.7 km away
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB
TownePlace Suites Fort Walton Be...
#6 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
6.3 km away
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfront
Best Western Ft. Walton Beachfro...
#2 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,233 reviews
11.9 km away
Wingate by Wyndham Destin
5.9 km away
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Walt...
#3 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
7.3 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fort Walton Beach Northwest
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#13 of 29 in Fort Walton Beach
11.6 km away
Comfort Suites At Eglin Air Force Base

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Fort Walton Beach-Eglin AFB? Share your experiences!