“Magical Vacation”

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in Siesta Key
Waynesville, Missouri
“Magical Vacation”
Reviewed 4 June 2012

This resort was immaculately clean and well kept. The staff was knowledgeable, helpful, and eager to assist in any way. The resort was close to the private beach - almost right on the sand. As for the beach, I've been to many and this was by far the most glorious beach I've ever visited. To say the white sand was like sugar is an understatement. It was much finer than that. It was almost like powdered sugar. I LOVED Captiva Beach Resort and would jump at the chance to work there. In the mean time, I'll make due vacationing there. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
NL Canada
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I spent a week at this Hotel and I was so impressed with the great service and the room was spotless. Staff: Sandy and the front desk people were great, accommodating and friendly and "The Big Show" and other housekeeping staff , just great ! Close to the beach, shopping etc. Again, the room was so clean, fridge etc, all appliances worked. Great value for the money, I'd go back tomorrow . Thanks everyone you made my stay so enjoyable !

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Blondie1960
Nokomis, Florida
Reviewed 22 May 2012

We had an amazing weekend with 25 woman from our high school. Our accommodations were fantastic and it was PERFECT for our group! The front desk staff & housekeeping staff were wonderful and friendly and made us feel right at home. We loved it so much that we rebooked 10 rooms for next year! Thank you!

Room Tip: Great location for a group!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lynn H
cheaxt, Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Thank you for joining us and bringing your group to our hotel, your business is greatly appreciated! I'm glad to hear that our property and staff were able to accomodate your group and that you all had a fantastic time. I am even more thrilled to hear that you have already rebooked with us for next year!! Thanks again for choosing stay with your second family at Captiva and look forward to once again warmly welcome you all back!
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2012

My boyfriend and I celebrated my birthday this past weekend in May of 2012 and we had a great time. Everything was comfortable and convienant. The service provided by the front desk and housekeeping where very nice, polite and always willing to help. They have exceeded our expectations! One of our best stays in any hotel by far. Thank you guys and a special thank you to Sabrina and Debra A.K.A The Big Show! :)

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
cheaxt, Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Second, thank you for your kind words! We are proud of our staff and accomodations and I'm thrilled to hear that we were able to provide you and your boyfriend that "wow" experience. I will definitely pass on your words of thanks to Sabrina and The Big Show, both of them will be very glad to hear that. Thanks again for choosing Captiva Beach Resort, and look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy your boyfriend's birthday this time!
Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

To be fair, I didnt research the place before I got here so my expectations were that of hotels that I've stayed at. The location was perfect, a 2 minute walk to a beautiful beach where you can rent a pair of chairs and umbrella for $20. The room was clean and spacious. The rooms are pretty sound proof; there was a wedding going on outside and we didnt hear a thing when we went to retire. However, I didn't realize that there was no maid service. And because we were there for just a couple of nights, and who wants to clean up on a vacation, the room didn't stay tidy for long. The office people were very nice. Parking was an issue there was always someone parked at our assigned spot. Overall it was not a bad experience. As long as you aren't looking for that typical hotel stay experience where you leave your room in the morning and when you get back from your outing the room is tidied up again, you should enjoy the experience. Think of it as if you rented a condo for awhile.

• Stayed May 2012
cheaxt, Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
Dear guest, I'm sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your stay with us. We strive for perfection, and will take your comments to heart. As you had mentioned, we do provide limited housekeeping service on an as-needed basis, or every 3 days. We are more than happy to provide full service to our guests who request it, but seeing as we are a very popular destination resort many of our vacationing guests opt out of full service on a daily basis. I hope that this answers your concern, if you have any further comments please feel free to email us at info@captivabeachresort.com and we would be more than happy to address them for you. Thanks again for staying with us and look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Siesta Key!
Signal Mountain, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Last weekend 30 plus "girls" from the class of 1974-75 reunited for the first time in many years. We had a wonderful time thanks to Sabrina's help in reserving the perfect set ups. The rooms were intimate, comfortable, and clean (thanks to Debra). We will be returning!!!

Room Tip: Ask Sabrina, she will get just what you need.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
cheaxt, Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, 27 May 2012
I'm glad to hear that our boutique hotel and award-winning staff were able to make your reunion get-together a magical experience. Thank you for choosing to stay with us, and I will be sure to pass along your thankful words to Sabrina and Debra.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We usually stay at another Sara Sea Circle hotel, but needed a bigger space this time. The room was HUGE! We had #29 and it had 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, formal dining area and living space for a very reasonable price, better than our one bedroom escape across the street.

The trade-off was no maid service, which was fair enough in my opinion. The staff was very nice and tried to solve our parking problems (a non-guest in our space), key issues (kept getting de-programmed) and they missed getting our cribs delivered for our first night though we put the request in with our reservation and confirmed the cribs one week before arrival (we arrived after the office had closed).

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BourgQueen
cheaxt, Manager at Captiva Beach Resort, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you guest for submitting your experience with us to the world! This will help us improve where needed, and also shows where we shine! We are currently in the process of starting parking passes for overnight guests, and any foreign vehicle that does not have a permit will be towed from the premises, this will help alleviate this issue. Hotel keycards being de-magnetized is common in most hotels as them being next to credit cards and cell phones does tend to de-magnetize them. We are working with our key company for a solution to this. I will also make sure that not having your crib request placed in to your room prior to arrival, even after hours, is brought to the attention at our next staff meeting. Although therwe were some minor flaws you experienced, I do appreciate you choosing to stay with us and hope to welcome you on your next trip to Siesta Key!