“Best French restaurant of 2011 and 2012. What about 2017?”

Miguel's Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 46 Restaurants in Siesta Key
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Miguel's Restaurant specializes in French and continental food. We have a wide selection of appetizers to suite anyone's taste. Our entrees include fresh gulf seafood, the choicest cuts of filet mignon, delicious poultry, and veal dishes. Finish the night off with decadent desserts including banana fosters, cherries jubilee and traditional creme caramel. Miguel's has an extensive wine selection and a full bar
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Miguel's was rated as the best French restaurant in 2011 and 2012 by the Sarasota Herald-Tribune. My wife and I have dined at founder Miguel Garcia's elegant eatery for the last 10 years and we've always given it four stars out of four. During our most recent visit, Miguel's was celebrating its 35th year in business, from July 1-31. It felt like the Fourth of July and New Year's Eve rolled into one. Located at 6631 Midnight Pass Road in Siesta Key, in the Crescent Plaza south of Stickney Point Road, Miguel's offers the best of everything. We've rarely seen an empty table. That's understandable. Who would want to miss this kind of food? For starters, we sampled sauteed Tiger shrimp, scallops and a signature Caesar salad for two prepared tableside. For an entree, we passed up veal scaloppini and rack of lamb and Scottish salmon and lamb chops and roasted duck and Dover Sole for our standard order, Chateaubriand for Two, something you don't see on any other menus. Carved tableside, it is a center cut of beef tenderloin to your taste and served with vegetables and bearnaise sauce. Like eating with the Queen. You can get used to tableside preparation. So we ordered Banana Supreme for Two for dessert, bananas mashed and mixed, cooked with Brandy and Triple Sec and served with whipped cream on top of ice cream. You don't see that on any other menu, either. We always schedule Miguel's for our last night before leaving for home. At Miguel's it's always a special occasion.

1  Thank Taylor B

Reviewed July 23, 2017

We dined here for my wife's birthday just today and found a fantastic place on Siesta Key....after so many years They've been here for over 30 years as hve we...but this was our first experience. We had the early bird with cocktails, wine and a four-course dinner which came out to about $70.00. Well worth it! Appetizers were snails and a spanish garlic soup. Salad. Entrees were babay lamb chops and veal piccata.....super! dessert was also great. Regular prices aren't all that more expensive. Staff was super, attentive and well-informed. What a great time we had.

1  Thank giacomojim_13
Reviewed July 19, 2017

If you are looking for some good continental cuisine at a reasonable price and you happen to show up for the early bird dinner you can't go wrong. The portions are very large, nothing is fancy, just good family style food.

We did order a bottle of the Merlot wine they were pushing at the front door which left a lot to be desired. Your bbeswt bet is to bring your own wine and pay a corkage fee.

Reviewed July 18, 2017

First time I can really say I went out to eat at a French restaurant and it was definitely not my favorite. With the little time I had down there, I wish we would have stopped some where else.

The food to me was average but my wife enjoyed what she got since we never get French food.

The waiter just seemed annoyed with my food orders since I am a pretty picky eater. The other two waiters around him seemed like they enjoyed what they were doing a lot more than him.

Reviewed July 11, 2017

First of all, the guy was had was one of the best waiters we have ever had. He was very attentive, friendly, and knowledgeable of the menu. My party ordered off of the Savor Sarasota and was glad we did. The portion sizes were just right and the food tasted really good. I got the duck and my wife got the filet. The filet was seriously one of the best we have ever had. When we go back I will definitely get the filet with the mushrooms on it! I highly recommend this place!!!! :)

1  Thank Wes T