We stayed in Unit 113 in the Tower for 4 nights the week of March 19th. The view from the 11th floor really is amazing and the beach access from the Tower was great. However, our room was very dated, considering what we paid for it: Stained furniture in the bedrooms; peeling wallpaper in bathrooms; stained appliances. The biggest disappointment, however, was the screened-in lanai that reeked of cigarette smoke, despite the fact that the Palm Bay Club states that all units are non-smoking. Additionally, there was an ash tray in the kitchen cupboard.
When we called management to complain about the lanai the front desk person initially told us that a guest in a near-by unit must be violating the Clubs non-smoking policy. I explained to her that the lanai smelled like someone had been smoking in it for the last ten years and that there was even an ash tray in our cupboard. She then confessed to me that, although they advertise these units as non-smoking, they allow guests and owners to smoke on the lanais of their units. I told her that this made the lanai useless to us since the smell was disgusting and we certainly were not going to expose our kids to it. As a result, I asked that they discount our rent for the week to account for this loss of use and they refused.
If you choose to stay here, be aware that you will be paying top-dollar for an out-dated room. Additionally, because of the club's misleading non-smoking policy, there is good chance that the lanai in your room will reek of cigarette smoke from prior guests or from smokers on lanais in surrounding units. That being said Siesta Key itself is unbelievable and we will definately be going back. However, I think there are better values for your money than the Palm Bay Club.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Bay Club is a vacation rental resort condominium property offering three types of accommodations, all available at daily, weekly, and monthly rates. With a three night minimum stay, we're the ideal choice for Sarasota, Siesta Key beachfront condominium vacation rentals. Enjoy the pools, sauna, spa, bay, tennis court, fishing, fitness center, and golfing. We're also conveniently located near area attractions such as the Big Cat Habitat, Sarasota Jungle Gardens, Mote Marine Aquarium, St. Armands Circle, Siesta Village, Asolo Theatre, Sarasota Bradenton International Airport, and so much more! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your The Palm Bay Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Palm Bay Club Hotel Siesta Key
- Palm Bay Club
- The Palm Bay Club Siesta Key, Florida