The Palm Bay Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
The Sea Spray Resort(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
Twin Palms of Siesta(Siesta Key)
View Hotel
All reviewsgrand towergulf sidebayside pooltennis courtsthe kitchenthe security guardhot tubspring breakwatch the boatsfishing pieracross the streetbeautiful beachliving roomnext yearplenty of lounge chairsone bedroom unitfamily vacation
Reviewed 29 March 2012

All that glitters is not gold! No doubt about it, the Palm Bay Club is beautiful on the outside. On the inside, and I mean from a management perspective it is a rotting cesspool of poor leadership. If you want to make sure that you are treated as a second class citizen, then this is the place for you.
I have been coming to Siesta Key for 22 years and LOVE it here. I have several friends and a family member who own condos on the property. I thought, this must be a nice place, particularly because they charge $1000 more to stay here than other well-run places on the beach.
From broken exercise equipment to an incredibly rude and condescending manager, I can promise you that I will NEVER stay here again. I will be writing an article on leadership and management for CareerRealism when I return to Denver. I will use the manager here and example #1 on how not to treat a customer as well as how not to manage. Quote from manager when approached about the situation we encountered everyday on the beach; “you must not vacation much.” Oh really? Thank goodness he let us know. I will let the Waldorf Astoria in Rome know what country bumpkins are about to stay there next month. Even if we didn’t travel, that is unacceptable.
We were surrounded by several other families who also said they would never stay here again. I, of course, am the only one who is willing to post it everywhere and anywhere I can. It’s sad when you bond with strangers over a bad situation. We were supposed to be having fun.

Room Tip: Best tip I can offer. The good rooms are in another resort
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank SusanRuhl
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We stayed here the week of March 19th. We were worried about lots of college spring breakers since we had kids, but mostly we saw other families. The beach is one of the most beautiful we have ever seen. The water was calm in the morning and much bigger waves in the afternoon. For what we payed, I guess we expected a bit more, like a washer and dryer in the room, replacing the towels and washclothes. You are expected to wash your own towels unless you stay longer than 8 days. Our room was nice, we stayed in one of the club suites, but it still took us a little while to get to the beach. If we were on the beach and one of the kids had to use the bathroom it was like a 20 minute ordeal. It is a very nice resort on a gorgeous beach, but should not be that expensive. We found many other places that were much less expensive but were already sold out when we tried to book (3 months in advance).

Room Tip: We couldn't afford the tower rooms, but the club suites closest to the beach would be the best rooms. We were in a club suite closest to the office and it took a little while to get to the beach, walking with 3 kids.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RXmom5515
Reviewed 24 March 2012

We stayed in Unit 113 in the Tower for 4 nights the week of March 19th. The view from the 11th floor really is amazing and the beach access from the Tower was great. However, our room was very dated, considering what we paid for it: Stained furniture in the bedrooms; peeling wallpaper in bathrooms; stained appliances. The biggest disappointment, however, was the screened-in lanai that reeked of cigarette smoke, despite the fact that the Palm Bay Club states that all units are non-smoking. Additionally, there was an ash tray in the kitchen cupboard.

When we called management to complain about the lanai the front desk person initially told us that a guest in a near-by unit must be violating the Clubs non-smoking policy. I explained to her that the lanai smelled like someone had been smoking in it for the last ten years and that there was even an ash tray in our cupboard. She then confessed to me that, although they advertise these units as non-smoking, they allow guests and owners to smoke on the lanais of their units. I told her that this made the lanai useless to us since the smell was disgusting and we certainly were not going to expose our kids to it. As a result, I asked that they discount our rent for the week to account for this loss of use and they refused.

If you choose to stay here, be aware that you will be paying top-dollar for an out-dated room. Additionally, because of the club's misleading non-smoking policy, there is good chance that the lanai in your room will reek of cigarette smoke from prior guests or from smokers on lanais in surrounding units. That being said Siesta Key itself is unbelievable and we will definately be going back. However, I think there are better values for your money than the Palm Bay Club.

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank HJMJLM
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Location fine. First night roaches, tv does not work, place smells like mildew. No maintenance after 5. Would not recommend ever.

• Stayed: March 2012
4  Thank nik35805
Reviewed 21 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here in February and had the best weather. The unit we stayed in was awesome and we loved cooking out on the charcoal grills for dinner. This will likely be the vacation spot for us from now on.

Room Tip: Unit 64 is awesome!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple