My 3 preteens, husband and I stayed here for 2 nights (5 in all). Two kids shared a sofa bed and one was on the floor. It was a tight, uncomfortable fit but we had a kitchen and did not have to pay for 2 rooms like at a nicer resort. Buddy at the front desk was very nice. We had free movies to watch (new DVDS too), fresh coffee at the front desk, and a really warm small pool to swim in. There were plenty of other families there too - and plenty of older adults too. The grounds were very nicely kept and many had BBQs right there on site. It is a about a block walk to the nice, private beach (private in that it is shared with a few other small resorts). You do have to pay for beach chairs & umbrellas ($24 for 2 chairs & 1 umbrella for the whole day). My kids did not want to stay on the beach - the water was too cold. They preferred the pool which had some noodles, flippers, balls, etc. The resort was also within walking distance of many restaurants and a small grocery store.
The rooms though are older and not too impressive but maintained. The bath and beach towels are all small and on the thin-side. There is no shelf space in the bathroom which is frustrating. Overall it was OK. My husband would have preferred a nicer room - I liked the price because we had 5 in all.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Beach Resorts is one of the premiere Siesta Key hotels where you can enjoy your vacation at the #1 beach in the USA! Gently rolling waves, sun-drenched sand and spectacular sunsets... This is paradise, and it's called Siesta Key. T's truly the land of flowers and they bloom in a rainbow of colors. Home to exotic sea creatures, a lively village of friendly folks and some of the world's top-rated beaches, Siesta Key boasts Tropical Beach Resorts: a comfortable, yet stylish collection of properties just a short walk from Siesta's shores. The rooms at Tropical Beach Resorts are white-glove clean, feature 32" flat screen TVs and either double, queen or king-sized beds with fluffy white duvets. Most include a sleeper sofa and fully appointed kitchens. While none of the units overlook the gulf, they each offer a colorful garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity.ca, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida