Stayed this past week at Tropical Shores in one of the double efficiency units, which provided two double beds and a sofa sleeper, a full kitchen/dinette and a large bathroom. The room was spotlessly clean with a comfortable amount of space for the three adults in our party. Stocked with more than enough silverware, cooking and eating utensils and a fridge. A small, decently priced grocery store within walking distance allowed us to keep the fridge stocked throughout the trip to avoid the cost of eating out three times a day. The appliances were new, clean and in perfect working condition. Loved that everything you needed was very accesible. The grounds are very well laid out, very safe, and quiet. Our room was right near the pool and we were not once disturbed by noise. A very easy walk to the beach with no streets to cross. Service was attentive, friendly and respectful of your privacy. Check in/out were the quickest I'd ever experienced. The place has a real "family" feel to it. The pool is perfect - small enough so that you can easily keep sight of children but big enough to satisy adult swimmers. The beach is gorgoeus and rivals those of the caribbean. Warm, calm, clear water with cool, soft sand combine to make a great beach experience. And the best part was how uncrowded the beach was. There are plenty of good local restaurants that are well priced within convenient distance. The area had ample shopping and St Armand's Circle provided a great day.
The only negative to this whole experience ;
We flew in from NY to Tampa International. The drive from Tampa to this property claimed to be an hour. Traffic is horrendous on Rte 41, and 75 was, often, not much better. So it took a solid hour and a half to get here from the airport. In addition, we had booked day trips to both Tampa and Orlando and the traffic really put a damper on the enjoyment. This location is not convenient for day trips to the Orlando attractions, and I would not recommend staying this far from them if you are planning more than a couple of excursions. But if you are looking to stay on the beach, the drive is well worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tropical Beach Resorts is one of the premiere Siesta Key hotels where you can enjoy your vacation at the #1 beach in the USA! Gently rolling waves, sun-drenched sand and spectacular sunsets... This is paradise, and it's called Siesta Key. T's truly the land of flowers and they bloom in a rainbow of colors. Home to exotic sea creatures, a lively village of friendly folks and some of the world's top-rated beaches, Siesta Key boasts Tropical Beach Resorts: a comfortable, yet stylish collection of properties just a short walk from Siesta's shores. The rooms at Tropical Beach Resorts are white-glove clean, feature 32" flat screen TVs and either double, queen or king-sized beds with fluffy white duvets. Most include a sleeper sofa and fully appointed kitchens. While none of the units overlook the gulf, they each offer a colorful garden view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Tropical Beach Resorts reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tropical Shores Beach Hotel Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Siesta Key
- Tropical Shores Beach Resort Siesta Key
- Tropical Beach Resorts Siesta Key, Florida